Website reviews help you in collecting feedback and improvement ideas for your website. To create a website review questionnaires, go to INSIGHTS > Website Reviews. Creating a website review is a three-step process:
- Setting up pages to include in the review
- Adding questions
- Reviewing and running a website review questionnaire
Setting-up Pages to Include in The Review
The first step in the website review creation is to define the URL and the audience for your website review questionnaire.
- Login to your VWO account.
- Go to INSIGHTS > Website Reviews.
- On the Website Reviews dashboard, click CREATE.
- To enter a title for your Website Review questionnaire, click on the edit button next to New Campaign.
- In the Enter URL of the website to review field, enter the URL.
- Move the slider to specify the number of people you want to include for the website review. By default, the number of people is set to 5. Additionally, you can also enter the number of participants you want to include for the test in the text field.
- If your website has adult content, expand the More Options section and enable This URL has adult content option.
- If you want to exclude or include users from certain countries taking part in the review, expand the More Options section and enable Select Specific Countries option.
- Click Next to start adding the questions to your website review questionnaire.
Once you have defined the URL and the audience for your website review questionnaire, the next step is to add questions to your website review questionnaire. You can add both and text-based Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) in your website review questionnaire. To get started, samples of open-ended and choice-based questions displayed in the panel on the right.
- Click NEXT on the URL(s) page.
- In the Question Text field, enter the question.
- From the Type dropdown, select the question type.
- To add multiple questions, click Add another question.
NOTE: The option to add another question appears only if you have
entered the text in the first question text field.
- Once you are done with adding the questions, click NEXT to review and run your website review.
NOTE: You cannot make edits to the questionnaires when the review is active
and running. To make any changes to the review questions, pause the running
review, and create a fresh campaign again. Also, note that you cannot clone
a website review campaign.
Reviewing and Running a Website Review Questionnaire
Once you have added the questions to your website review, the next step is to finalize and run your website review. In the finalize page, you can configure advanced settings for the website review, add a name, notes, and labels for the review exercise.
VWO uses the service of a third-party vendor to send out the questionnaire and collect feedback on the website. For this purpose, you need to purchase credits to run a website review. The credits are calculated based on the number of participants in the review multiplied by the number of questions asked.
For example, if you plan to involve 5 people in the review and they need to answer 5 questions each, the total number of credits will be calculated as follows:
Credits required for a Review = Number of participants x Number of questions
- Click NEXT on the QUESTIONS page.
- In the Campaign Name field, enter a title for your website review campaign.
- The Total credits needed section displays the credits required to run the review.
- The Credits available in account section display the available credits that can be utilized whenever you create a new website review.
- To buy more credits, enter the number of credits you want in the Buy more credits field and click BUY.
NOTE: Clicking on BUY will prompt you to proceed to the payment gateway.
- To add notes, click Add Notes.
NOTE: Adding notes helps filter survey easily.
- To add labels, click Add Labels.
NOTE: Adding labels helps filter survey easily.
- Once done, click FINISH.
- If you have enough credits, you can either start your campaign immediately or you can schedule it to run it later, else you need to buy the credits first to run your campaign. To know more about how to schedule a campaign, refer to How to schedule your VWO test.
Post-requisite: After purchasing the credits, proceed to the next screen to run the review right away, or schedule it for a later time. In general, a website review takes about 2–4 days to collect the specified number of responses and generate a full report.