Any data corresponding to the visitor of VWO customer’s website, as part of the campaigns they have been involved in, is categorized as visitor data, which is further classified as follows:
- Events - The actions performed by the visitor during the campaigns. For example, purchasing a product, navigating to a specific page, clicking on a CTA, etc.
- Attributes - The properties of the visitor collected as part of the campaigns. For example, device OS, IP address, geographic location, etc.
Based on these data, VWO furnishes their performance for the following:
- Session recordings
- Survey data
- Heatmap data
- Test campaign data
- Goals and funnels
VWO stores visitor data in three main data centres, positioned in the US, the European Union (EU), and India. The journey of data flow is quite straightforward and occurs as follows:
- Customers, while setting up their VWO account, will be asked to choose the data center for the residency of their data. Any customer, irrespective of the plan or location, can opt for a non-US data center.
- If the US data center is chosen, the data belonging to the corresponding visitors are collected, stored, and processed in the US data center.
- In the case of a non-US data center, the data belonging to the corresponding visitors are collected, stored, and processed in the respective data centers.
These data centers process their own visitor data individually and are in no way connected to each other. Thereby, none of these data centers can access the visitor data from the other.