The Dashboard under the Insights module is the central arena that curates the assessment report of your website's overall performance, leveraging the Insights campaigns you've set up. It simplifies identifying areas needing attention, providing a deeper analysis of the sessions. Gathering data from the Insights module offers a high-level overview, making it easier to evaluate and prioritize improvement steps.
Filtering the Report
You can narrow down your report data to targeted areas using the following filter conditions:
Filter by Date
Click on the Date Filter, select the date range for which you want to view the reports, and click Apply. By default, the report displays data for the last 15 days.
- Last 30 Days: View reports of the last 30 days from the current day.
- Last 15 Days: View reports of the last 15 days from the current day.
- Last 7 Days: View reports of the last 7 days from the current day.
- Yesterday: View yesterday's data.
- Today: View the current day’s data.
Filter by Segments
Click on the Visitor Segments filter, and from the various segmentation options, select the segment for which you want to view the report and click Filter. To learn about using report segmentation, refer to this article.
NOTE: Here, you will only be able to access the following standard attributes apart from the custom ones: Traffic Source, Operating System, Browser, Device Type, Visitor Type, Visitor Language, and Location.
Filter by Domain
The domain filter allows you to view the report for specific domains. Select the required ones and click Filter to view the corresponding report. By default, all the website domains are selected.
INFO: These domains are the ones that are registered in the Deployments section.
The Experience Overview section offers a comprehensive evaluation score of the interactive experience of your website's visitors. Out of 100, the overall experience score is calculated, considering vital friction parameters such as dead clicks and rage clicks. The section also includes a dynamic graph depicting the experience score over a set of days, making performance trends easily identifiable.
In addition to the overall experience score, this section spotlights the following subsections:
Pages with the lowest experience scores - Highlights webpage URLs with the least experience scores that require attention. Each URL is linked to the heatmap data and session recordings specific to that page, allowing in-depth visitor experience analysis. Click on the View Heatmap or View Recording icon to access the respective data. Furthermore, you can click on these links to take a deeper look at their performances. It opens the individual page overviews featuring the following:
- The Experience Score for all the sessions for this page.
- Percentage of sessions with dead clicks and rage clicks with the link to the respective session recordings.
- Friction trend highlighting the trends of the dead and rage click appearances on the page over the given period.
- Segments identified to have the lowest experience score with the link to the respective session recordings.
- Sessions identified to have the lowest experience score with the link to the respective session recordings.
- The elements on the page that received the most dead and rage clicks with the link to the respective session recordings.
- An Error Logger section that shows the list of errors that occurred on the page, each highlighting the type of error, percentage of sessions with the error, and the average of the experience scores of all the sessions that featured this error with the link to the respective session recordings.
INFO: The Error Logger will display uncaught, console, and network errors.
Segments with the lowest experience scores - Features the visitor segments identified by VWO that need to be optimized. Each segment features its respective session recordings, offering insights into visitor behavior. Click on the View Recording icon to access the individual session recording data.
Form Analytics Overview
The Forms section gives a quick summary of the numbers involved in form analytics. It lists the two most recent form campaigns you set up to track your website forms. Each entry highlights the following details:
- Number of fields in the form
- Number of visitors who landed on the form
- Number of visitors who interacted with the form
- Number of visitors who submitted the form
To access the individual Form campaigns for deeper analysis, click on the → icon. To view all the form campaigns you have created, click the View all link.
Click on the Create Form Analytics Campaign button to create a new form campaign directly from the dashboard.
Surveys Analytics Overview
The Surveys section gives a quick summary of the numbers involved in your survey analytics. It lists the two most recent survey campaigns you have set up to track the surveys on your website. Each entry highlights the following details:
- Total number of questions in the survey
- Number of visitors who viewed the survey
- Number of visitors who answered the survey questions
- Number of visitors who submitted the survey responses
To access the individual Survey campaigns for deeper analysis, click on the → icon. To view all the survey campaigns you have created, click the View all link.
Click the Create Survey button to create a new form campaign directly from the dashboard.
Data Collection and Visitor Consumption Status
To keep you informed, the dashboard displays the data collection status at the top-right corner. It corresponds to the data that is being collected for session recordings. You can also access details about sampled visitors and data retention periods by clicking the View details link. Furthermore, it provides the activation status of Heatmaps and Session Recordings for your VWO account.