When reviewing VWO tests in your account, sometimes you might want to check the goals associated with each test. The PREVIEW section of the VWO test dashboard enables you to validate your goals quickly without the need to dig through the test settings.
- Login to your VWO account.
- Go to TESTING and select a testing type, say A/B.
- From the A/B test dashboard, select the test you want to preview.
- Go to the PREVIEWS tab.
- From the Variation dropdown, select the variation you want to preview.
- In the Preview URL field, enter the URL on which you want to preview the changes.
NOTE: If your test is running on multiple pages, you can preview them
- If you have configured targeting conditions in your campaign, an option to Ignore campaign targeting conditions in previews appear right below the variations dropdown. This option allows you to preview your variations irrespective of the targeting conditions that your campaign targets.
NOTE: By default, this option is enabled. If you wish to preview the
variations complying with the targeting conditions, disable this.
- To preview your variation, click Preview in a new tab.
On the click of PREVIEW NOW, you are redirected to the test page.
- In the test page, a VWO Preview Mode pop-up appears in the bottom right of the window displaying the information whether the goal is triggered or not. To view this information, click on the Campaign ID in the pop-up and check for the Goal triggered attribute under the Logs for page visits.
1. The preview might not display the message at times if it is a
redirection page. In such situations, you can verify the goals with
the help of cookies. For the Preview mode, VWO stores the cookies with
a "debug” value in front, like debug_vis_opt_exp_14_combi.
2. In the preview mode, the variation changes, goals, and other
variation-specific modifications will be displayed even if the VWO
Smartcode times-out. Whenever the time-out happens, a warning message
is displayed in the preview pop-up. To know more, refer to Why Does VWO
Smartcode Time-out and How to Resolve It?
How to Check the Cookie Value
- Right-click on the web-page.
- From the context menu, choose the Inspect option.
A panel opens on the page.
- In the panel, go to Application > Storage > Cookies and select your test page and check for the cookie value from the list of cookies.
PRO-TIP: To quickly check cookies of your Chrome browser, you can install
the EditThisCookie plug-in.