VWO Insights helps a user analyze the behavior of website visitors based on their actions such as page visits, page exits, clicks on elements, etc. The idea is to attribute some of these actions to business-critical events like purchase, sign-ups, etc- which can be considered a conversion. Based on analyzing such behavior, users can identify problem areas of the website due to which visitors are not converting. Insights help with the research stage of experience optimization- to understand what visitors are (not) doing on the website and figure out why they are (not) doing it. It provides the different directions in which a website can be optimized.
Proper research and insight generation is the bedrock of a good optimization program. It leaves very little to assumption and guides the user to perform data-backed ideation and testing.
Using VWO Insights, you can typically:
- Visualize aggregated visitor behavior using Heatmaps
- Figure out why visitors are not converting goals
- Figure out where and why visitors drop-off using conversion Funnels
- Deep-dive into an individual visitor’s experience using Session Recordings
- Ask your visitors for feedback using On-Page Surveys
- Know why visitors abandon forms using Form Analytics
- Create winning UX with Usability Reviews
Using these features of VWO Insights, you can analyze how different features on a web page are influencing a visitor’s behavior. For example, you might find that the search tool placed on your landing page is getting you more conversions than the showcased product categories. Getting such insights can significantly help you eliminate unwanted features and focus more on the ones that convert better.