Describes the things that you need to consider while setting up Insights in VWO.
- Visitor quota consumption for VWO Insights works on the basic dynamic sampling. This ensures that the quota that you have purchased will last through the month, for a representative sample whose behavior is tracked end to end for all of their visits (sessions). This applies to visitors who are tracked in Business Goals. Funnels, Heatmaps, Recordings, and Form Analytics
- Quota consumption for surveys is for every complete response that a visitor provides. While the maximum responses in the month are numerically equal to the Insights quota, it does not depend on your accounts visitor sampling. The survey is shown to all visitors who qualify for its target conditions irrespective of whether the visitor is sampled or not
NOTE: If you subscribe to the monthly plans, your survey quota gets refilled every month. In the case of long-term plans, the combined survey quota of the entire term is available upfront. For example, If you have subscribed for an annual plan with a 10,000 visitor quota, you will get a 120,000 survey quota upfront.
- VWO records only the first three clicks from a user for every page on any of their visits for generating a heatmap or clickmap report
NOTE: Our internal research shows that the first three clicks on a webpage are the most important clicks and have a huge impact on the reports, but this can be customized as per your requirement. To know more, refer to How to Set Up Heatmaps for a URL.
- Cross-domain tracking is not supported in VWO Insights
- The maximum duration of a session for which recordings will be captured is 2 hours with a maximum of 20 page views. If the duration exceeds 2 hours or the page views goes beyond 20 pages, no new data will be recorded in the current session
- To create a Funnel, you need to create a minimum of two goals
- A visitor needs to spend a minimum of 5 seconds in a session for the recording to be seen in the VWO dashboard
- To records the observations on the go, you can use the observation mode in VWO Plugin.