The Observations dashboard in VWO is the central place that enables you to create and manage your observations. All the observations that you have created in your VWO account appear here. Using this dashboard, you can:
- Create an observation
- Sort and filter observations
- Link observations to a hypothesis
- Edit, delete or star an observation
To access the observations dashboard, go to PLAN > Observations.
Create an Observation
You can create an observation by clicking on the CREATE button present in the observations dashboard's top right corner. To learn more about creating an observation in VWO, refer to Creating an Observation in VWO.
Sort and Filter Observations
Using the panel on the right of the observations dashboard, you can:
- Sort your observations
To sort your observations, choose any of the following options from the dropdown present in the SORT section:
- Created: Sort the Observations list by creation date
- Updated: Sort the Observations list by the last update date
- Filter your observations
In VWO, you can filter out your Observations on various parameters. To do this, go to the FILTERS section, and work with the ones relevant for you:
- FIND BY NAME OR ID: Filter the observations list based on the Name or ID you entered.
- SOURCE: Filter the observations list based on the Page URL.
- BY CREATION DATE: Filter the observations list based on the selected date range.
- OTHER FILTERS: Filter the observations list based on the ones you have Starred or have No Hypothesis linked.
- BY LABEL: Filter the observations list based on the labels you have added during the observation creation.
Link Observations to Hypotheses
Once you have created an observation, you can link it to a hypothesis that you feel can improve your website’s conversion rate. This linking typically helps in a deeper investigation of your observations.
To learn more about linking your observations to hypotheses, refer to Linking Observations to Hypotheses in VWO.
Edit, Delete or Star an Observation
To edit or delete an observation, click on the ellipses icon (⋮) corresponding to it, and from the context menu, choose the desired option.
If you choose EDIT, the observations dialog appears, which allows you to modify the existing configurations. Likewise, if you choose Delete, a confirmation dialog appears asking you to approve the deletion request. Once you approve, the Observation was successfully deleted message appears.
Alternatively, you can also delete an observation by first selecting it (click the checkbox corresponding to the observation) and then click the DELETE button that appears at the top of the observations dashboard.