Integrating VWO with BigCommerce allows you to track your website traffic and derive deeper insights into your business. After the integration, you can create A/B tests, multivariate tests, personalization, and other tests using VWO on your BigCommerce website. This article assumes that you already have your store on BigCommerce and want to create and run A/B test tests for the store using VWO. You can also track or push revenue data to your Bigcommerce account.
The end-to-end process of integrating BigCommerce with VWO involves the following steps:
- Adding SmartCode
- Creating a VWO Test
Adding VWO SmartCode in BigCommerce
VWO generates a SmartCode snippet that you can add to the BigCommerce store pages you want to test. You can access the SmartCode snippets by clicking the gear icon ⚙ on the top right and going to the SMARTCODE section in your VWO dashboard.
To add the code snippet for tracking on BigCommerce websites, perform these:
- Log in to your BigCommerce account.
- From the left panel, go to Storefront > Script Manager.
- To create a script, click Create a Script.
- On the Create Script page, do the following:
- In the Name of Script field, enter VWO.
- For the Location on page setting, choose Head.
- For the Select pages where script will be added setting, choose All Pages.
- For the Script type setting, choose Script, and in the Script Content field, paste the VWO SmartCode in Script Content. You can find your SmartCode here.
- To finalize your changes, click Save.
Adding Revenue Goal Code
To add revenue goal code in BigCommerce, perform these:
- From the left panel, go to Advanced Settings > Data Solutions (formerly Web Analytics).
- Choose the Affiliate Conversion Tracking data solution and click Connect.
- In the Conversion Tracking Code field, enter the following code.
- To finale your changes, click Save.
You can now start tracking your test in VWO.
Creating a VWO Test
Create a VWO test for your store. To learn about setting up an A/B test in VWO, refer to How to Create an A/B Test in VWO?.