Sampling refers to a random sample of visitors which represents a larger set of visitors who arrive at your website or mobile application. Sampling visitors helps derive meaningful insights without being overwhelmed with too much data.
The quotas allocated for VWO Insights and VWO Mobile Recordings are typically for research purposes. According to your website/mobile app traffic, VWO calculates a sample size and distributes your visitor quota to last through the month. For example, if your website/mobile app has a traffic of 1 million unique visitors per month, then you could opt for a sampling limit (Sampled Visitors Quota) of 500,000. This means you can track 500,000 unique visitors per month on your website for analyzing goals, funnels, heatmaps, session recordings, and form analysis. In the case of a mobile app, you can record the sessions of 500,000 visitors per month.
Sampling does not apply to VWO Testing (A/B, Split URL, Multivariate, FullStack), Personalization, Rollouts or Surveys.
For visitors who are part of Insights sampling, VWO tracks each visit for a sampled visitor, and visitor behavior is presented in all features such as heatmaps, session recordings, form analytics, goals, and funnels. Likewise, in the case of Mobile Recordings, VWO records all the sessions of every sampled visitor. No matter how many times, the sampled visitors return to your website/mobile app, the count of consumption is proportional to the number of visitors and not the number of visits.
This allows you to get deeper insights into your visitor behavior and a better understanding of your website/mobile app performance.
Interpreting Quota Utilization in VWO Insights and Mobile Recordings
You can view your visitor quota and the respective consumption status in the Usage section of your VWO account. All you need to do is, click the gear icon ⚙ on the top right, and go to the Accounts > Usage section.
- Sampled Visitors: Shows the count of sampled visitors quota you have consumed out of the total limit.
- Data Retention:Shows the period for which the sampled session will be stored in VWO servers.
- Funnels: Shows the number of funnels that you have created using your Insights goals.
- Saved Recordings: Shows the number of web session recordings that you have saved in your VWO account out of the total limit.
- Surveys: Shows the number of surveys that you have created out of the total limit.
- Forms: Shows the number of forms that you have created out of the total limit.
- Survey Responses: Shows the number of responses that you have received for your surveys out of the total limit.
- Mobile Sampled Visitors: Shows the number of visitors sampled for mobile session recordings out of the total limit.
- Mobile Data Retention:Shows the period for which the recorded mobile app session will be stored in VWO servers.
- Saved Recordings: Shows the number of mobile session recordings that you have saved out of the total limit.