In this article, you’ll learn:
ATTENTION: This integration is in progress and will be available in six to eight weeks.
About Dynamics 365 Commerce <> VWO Integration
Dynamics 365 Commerce is a comprehensive cloud-based omnichannel solution that enables you to personalize customer engagement and optimize operations. This article explains how you can integrate Dynamics 365 Commerce with your VWO account, by applying the VWO SmartCode directly to your website on Dynamics 365 Commerce, without the assistance of a developer.
Adding VWO SmartCode through Dynamics 365 Commerce
As a fundamental step for adding the VWO SmartCode to your website through Dynamics 365, you need to contact VWO support to obtain the integration zip file (extension) and perform the following steps to upload the same file into your Dynamics 365 Lifecycle Services account.
- Log in to Dynamics 365 Lifecycle Services and go to your e-Commerce site under the e-Commerce tab.
- On the left panel, navigate to Asset Library > e-Commerce package > +.
- In the Upload e-Commerce package file popup, provide a name and description for the VWO extension file.
- Click Add a file to browse and select the VWO extension zip file.
- Click on the Upload button to upload the file.
- Once done, click Confirm.
Post uploading the VWO extension file, you can apply the VWO SmartCode through these steps:
- Under the e-Commerce tab, click on Apply extension and select the VWO extension from the dropdown and click on Update.
NOTE: The updating of this package consumes around 15 minutes.
- Once the package is updated, you will be notified that the package deployment was successful under the Servicing information section.
- Now, click on e-Commerce site builder in the LINKS section under the e-Commerce tab. This will take you to the list of sites that you have created.
- Select the site on which you want to apply the VWO SmartCode.
- Go to Fragments and click + to create a Fragment for VWO integration.
- In the New fragment popup, search and select the VWO module, enter the name for the VWO fragment in the Fragment name field, and click OK. The VWO fragment will be created.
- Click on the VWO fragment > VWO Module > Script Properties and enter the following details:
Account ID Enter your VWO account ID here.
INFO: You can find your VWO account ID at the top-right corner of your VWO Dashboard.
Settings Tolerance This is the threshold time limit set for your campaign settings to load on the campaign URL. This limit is set by default to 2000 ms. If the campaign settings do not load within this time, the VWO SmartCode times out. Library Tolerance This is the threshold time limit set for the VWO libraries to load on the campaign URL. This limit is set by default to 2500 ms. If the campaign settings do not load within this time, the VWO SmartCode times out. Use Existing Jquery Select this option to make VWO use your website’s jQuery. For more details, refer to this.
- The fragment that is created should be applied to all the pages on your website, where you want to run your VWO campaigns. To do this, navigate to Templates and select a Template, then click Edit.
- Right-click on HTML Head > Add fragment. In the Select a fragment popup, search for the VWO fragment, select it and click OK.
- Click on Finish editing > OK.
Once done, click on Publish to apply the changes to your website.
Now, the VWO SmartCode is applied to your website.