VWO Deploy is a product that enables businesses to quickly release an experience online without involving IT. Changes can be made using the Visual or Code editor in VWO. The editor lets you make changes on your website without depending on developers and the cycles of deployment. To know more about the VWO editor, refer to Visual Editor in VWO.
Using the Deploy feature of VWO, you can even target specific visitor segments with a change. It can be particularly useful if you plan to deploy changes specific to different groups of visitors.
How is this helpful?
- Make spontaneous changes to your purchase policies. Quickly communicate such changes as and when you update them in an instantaneous manner.
- Publish eye-catching announcements and ensure that your visitors do not miss changes in privacy policies or new features. Use VWO’s Widgets to add modal pop-ups and banners to make your messages stand-out. To know more about Widgets in VWO, refer to Widgets in VWO.
- Perform staged rollouts at the client-side itself. Target changes to a specific set of customers or in a phased manner with a small percentage of the audience and gradually scale-up.
How Does Quota Consumption Work for VWO Deploy
To learn how does quota consumption works in VWO, refer to VWO Deploy Quota FAQs.
How to set up a deploy campaign?
To create and deploy changes to your website, follow these steps:
- Login to your VWO account.
- From the panel on the left, go to DEPLOY > Experiences.
The Deploy dashboard appears on the right.
- To create a new experience, click CREATE present on the top right corner of the Deploy dashboard.
NOTE: If you are creating the campaign for the first time, click
on CREATE NEW EXPERIENCE.
- In the Enter the URL of the pages(s) you want to deploy the experiences field, enter the URL(s) of the page where you want to deploy the changes.
- If you wish to make changes via writing code rather than using the VWO’s visual editor, enable Option to Open in Code-only Mode.
- If you are creating your test for a mobile device, select the option Load campaign pages on mobile device. This will load the VWO Editor in a simulated mobile view instead of the default desktop view. To learn more about creating experiences for mobile websites using the editor, refer to this article.
- To target your Deploy campaign to a specific visitor segment per different conditions such as geographical location, user device, and other user behaviors, use the option Enable campaign for a specific visitor groups. To learn about defining visitor segments, refer to How to Use Segment Gallery
- Click NEXT.
The VWO visual or code editor opens up in a new tab. Using the visual editor, add or modify the elements present in the page per your requirement. Alternatively, using the code editor, you can add the code carrying the changes directly.
- From the options present at the bottom of the Visual Editor, you can also click EDIT CODE. This option is typically used when you do not wish to use the visual editor to make changes and prefer to code them instead.
NOTE: Variations created using the code editor cannot be edited using
Visual Editor. To learn more about Code Editor, refer to Experiences
created using the code editor.
- Once you are done making changes to your website, click NEXT.
- In the FINALIZE page, enter the name for your campaign in the Campaign name field.
- Use the Traffic Split slider to specify the percentage of traffic you want to include in the campaign.
NOTE: When you set a value of less than 100% here, it typically means
that some of your visitors will still see the website's older version
after you deploy this campaign.
- If you wish to push your VWO campaign data to a host of external tools, use the Integrations with third-party products option. You can integrate VWO with a suite of third-party products to access data on your preferred tool. To learn more about integrating VWO with third-party products, refer to VWO's Integration Options.
- Some additional settings that you can set-up for your campaign using the Advanced options section:
- Manual campaign activation: This helps you trigger the deployed changes at a later stage based on a custom condition on the page. By default, the changes will be shown when the page loads for the visitor.
- Add to mutually exclusive groups: Use this option if you feel that visitors experiencing multiple campaigns can interfere.
- Enable Scheduling: This option allows you to schedule your deployed change to run, pause, or stop at specific times. To learn how to schedule a test, refer to Scheduling a test in VWO.
- Campaign involves multiple domains: Select this option if your campaign involves multiple domains. Enabling this option allows VWO to set a cookie that tracks the visitor’s movement across multiple domains. To know more about cross-domain tracking, refer to How to Enable Tests to Run across Multiple Domains?.
- Hide campaign names in visitor settings: Select this option if do not want your campaign name to appear in the visitor settings.
15. Click FINISH to finalize your changes.
The summary of your test appears along with the option to START NOW or PREVIEW CAMPAIGN AND START LATER. Clicking START NOW will immediately make your changes live.
VWO Deploy FAQs
- How do I get VWO Deploy?
If you do not have a VWO account, please sign-up for a trial on vwo.com. During the onboarding process, ensure that you select VWO Deploy from the list of available products you wish to trial.
If you have an existing VWO account, click Start using for free to activate the Deploy feature in your VWO account. Apart from this, you do not need to do any additional setup to use Deploy.
NOTE: To use the Deploy feature of VWO, you just need to have admin/owner
- I am an existing customer. Can I add this product to my current account? If yes how?
Yes, all existing accounts can avail of the free plan of VWO Deploy. A user with Admin/Owner capability just needs to activate the product from the navigation bar like so.
Will it be available for all the sub-accounts in an account?
- Do I need to add a new code on the website to run VWO Deploy?
No, VWO Deploy will continue to work on the existing SmartCode.