VWO Web Rollouts is a product that enables businesses to release an experience online without involving IT quickly. Changes can be made using the Visual or Code editor in VWO. The editor lets you make changes to your website without depending on developers and the cycles of rollouts. To know more about the VWO editor, refer to Visual Editor in VWO.
Using the Web Rollouts feature of VWO, you can even target specific visitor segments with a change. It can be instrumental if you plan to roll out changes specific to different groups of visitors.
How is this helpful?
- Make spontaneous changes to your purchase policies. Quickly communicate such changes as and when you instantaneously update them.
- Publish eye-catching announcements and ensure that your visitors do not miss changes in privacy policies or new features. Use VWO’s Widgets to add modal pop-ups and banners to make your messages stand out. To know more about Widgets in VWO, refer to Widgets in VWO.
- Perform staged rollouts at the client-side itself. Target changes to a specific set of customers or in a phased manner with a small audience percentage and gradually scale up.
How Does Quota Consumption Work for VWO Web Rollouts
To learn how quota consumption works in VWO, refer to VWO Web Rollouts Quota FAQs.
How to set up a VWO Web Rollout campaign?
To create and roll out changes to your website, follow these steps:
- Login to your VWO account.
From the panel on the left, go to Web Rollouts > Create.
NOTE: If you are creating the campaign for the first time, click on Create new experience.
In the Enter the URL of the pages(s) you want to roll out the experiences field, enter the URL(s) of the page where you want to roll out the changes. In the case of specifying just a single URL, you can use the Simple mode. For multiple URLs, you can use the Advanced mode. To know more about specifying the URLs, refer to this article.
If you wish to make changes via writing code rather than using the VWO’s visual editor, select Open in Code-only Mode.
If you are creating your test for a mobile device, select Load campaign pages on mobile device, and select either Mobile or Tablet from the dropdown. This will load the VWO Editor in a simulated mobile or tablet view instead of the default desktop view. To learn more about creating experiences for mobile websites using the editor, refer to this article.
To target your Web Rollout campaign to a specific visitor segment per different conditions such as geographical location, user device, and other user behaviors, use the Enable campaign for a specific visitor groups option. To learn about defining visitor segments, refer to How to Use Segment Gallery
The VWO visual or code editor opens up in a new tab. Using the visual editor, add or modify the elements present on the page per your requirement. Alternatively, using the code editor, you can add the code carrying the changes directly.
- From the options present at the bottom of the Visual Editor, you can also click EDIT CODE. This option is typically used when you do not wish to use the visual editor to make changes and prefer to code them instead.
NOTE: Variations created using the code editor cannot be edited using Visual Editor. To learn more about Code Editor, refer to Experiences created using the code editor.
- Once you are done making changes to your website, click NEXT.
- On the Others page, enter the name for your campaign in the Campaign name field.
Use the Traffic Split slider to specify the percentage of traffic you want to include in the campaign.
NOTE: When you set a value of less than 100% here, it typically means that the remainder of your visitors will still see the website's older version after you roll out this campaign.
- If you wish to push your VWO campaign data to a host of external tools, use the Integrations with third-party products option. You can integrate VWO with a suite of third-party products to access data on your preferred tool. To learn more about integrating VWO with third-party products, refer to VWO's Integration Options.
- Some additional settings that you can set up for your campaign using the Advanced Options section:
- Manual campaign activation: This helps you trigger the rolled-out changes at a later stage based on a custom condition on the page. By default, the changes will be shown when the page loads for the visitor.
- Add to mutually exclusive groups: Use this option if you feel that visitors experiencing multiple campaigns can interfere.
- Enable Scheduling: This option allows you to schedule your rolled-out change to run, pause, or stop at specific times. To learn how to schedule a test, refer to Scheduling a Campaign in VWO.
- Campaign involves multiple domains: Select this option if your campaign involves multiple domains. Enabling this option allows VWO to set a cookie that tracks the visitor’s movement across multiple domains. To know more about cross-domain tracking, refer to How to Enable Tests to Run across Multiple Domains?.
- Hide campaign names in visitor settings: Select this option if you do not want your campaign name to appear in the visitor settings.
15. Click CREATE to finalize your changes.
The summary of your test appears along with the option to Start Now or Preview Campaign and Start Later. Clicking Start Now will immediately make your changes live.
VWO Web Rollouts FAQs
How do I get VWO Web Rollouts?
If you do not have a VWO account, please sign up for a trial on vwo.com. During the onboarding process, ensure that you select VWO Web Rollouts from the list of available products you wish to trial.
If you have an existing VWO account, click Start using for free to activate the VWO Web Rollouts feature in your VWO account. Apart from this, you do not need to do any additional setup to use VWO Web Rollouts.
NOTE: To use VWO Web Rollouts, you just need to have admin/owner privileges.
I am an existing customer. Can I add this product to my current account? If yes, how?
Yes, all existing accounts can avail of the free plan of VWO Web Rollouts. A user with Admin/Owner capability needs to activate the product from the navigation bar like so.
Will it be available for all the workspaces in an account?
- Do I need to add a new code on the website to run VWO Web Rollouts?
No, VWO Web Rollouts will continue to work on the existing SmartCode.