VWO enables you to generate recommendations for the existing copy on your website. You can select any text-based element (such as headlines, descriptions, button texts, etc.) on your website and see alternatives for it. This makes it very easy for you to fine-tune your brands’ positioning, update the existing section headings, and even test different button texts. You can test these changes or deploy them on your website.
The suggestions are powered by an AI language prediction model. It is a powerful AI text generation system capable of generating near-human level quality text content. VWO has integrated this model into its visual editor to generate recommendations for the existing copy of the text-based elements on your website. This makes it very easy for anyone to choose an alternative from the AI-generated ideas and readily use it in your A/B test variation.
When you open your website in VWO’s visual editor and click on some text on your page (headings, product descriptions, button text, etc.), you will see a Suggest Variations option. Clicking on this will display the AI-based suggestions for it. Use it to generate suggestions for headlines, product descriptions, CTA buttons, etc.
Things to Consider While Working with Suggest Variations
- You can only use the AI-based suggestions for text-based elements on your webpage.
- Since it is an AI-based system, it can occasionally output things that may be inappropriate, biased, toxic, or inaccurate. You can flag such suggestions as inappropriate. Please note that these suggestions are generated using AI and are not subject to any filtration as of now.
- The suggestions generated are not cached, and it may happen that you see different suggestions for the same element when you click on it again.
- The flagged suggestions might appear in your list again as we are not removing them currently. In the future, we will implement a system to eliminate such suggestions.
- You can load up to 15 suggestions at a time for any text.
- You can load suggestions for paragraphs of about 200 words. We do not support generating suggestions for text longer than that.
- Although this feature works best for English language websites, it should work for all major languages too. We’re especially keen to collect feedback on how it works in other languages.
Let’s look at an example to see how contextual the recommendations are. To assess the quality of AI-based recommendations, we performed our test on vwo.com- an A/B testing tool.
To start with, we chose the “START FREE TRIAL” CTA button present on the homepage. When we checked AI-based recommendations for this, one of the suggestions was “Start A/B Testing.” You can see how suggestions can be contextual and crisp, and an AI-based system can do that because it has the content from the page as context.
Putting It to Work
If you wish to use the AI-based suggestions to test your website’s existing copy, follow these steps.
- Go to the VWO Editor.
- Click on any text element (heading, descriptions, button texts, etc.).
- From the context menu that appears, select the Suggest Variations option.
- A suggestion box appears that lists the text recommendations corresponding to the selected text. AI generates this text, not VWO.
a. At a time, a maximum of five suggestions appear. If you wish to view more than five suggestions for the selected test, click LOAD MORE SUGGESTIONS. At a time, you can load up to 15 suggestions.
b. If you find any suggestion inappropriate/misleading, you can eliminate it. To do this, click on the Flag as inappropriate icon corresponding to it.
- To replace the copy of your text with the ones suggested by the API, select the one relevant for you, and click APPLY.
Read this blog post to gain in-depth information about doing A/B Testing using VWO’s GPT-3.5 Turbo feature.