ATTENTION: This feature is not yet live. Once released, we will announce
it in the relevant groups.
While signing-up for the VWO account, you have the option to connect Google Analytics with your VWO account. This enables you to:
- Automatically set up relevant goals for your test
- Show analytics data in A/B test report
- Recommend new A/B testing ideas for your website
Let’s look at some of the advantages and how you can connect Google Analytics API with your VWO account.
Advantages of Connecting Google Analytics API to Your VWO Account
- Import goals created in GA into VWO- VWO customers often import conversion goals created in GA manually into VWO. With this connection, you can automatically import destination type goals made in GA into VWO.
- Supplement VWO test reports with GA metrics data- GA API connection allows viewing GA metrics data like - Bounce rate, average session duration within VWO reports. These metrics saves time that VWO customers spend shuffling between VWO and GA reports.
- Generate testing ideas- Access to GA data; specifically, GA metrics associated with site-URLs, for example, /home has bounce-rate of 45% can help VWO customers decide and prioritize what pages to test.
How to Connect Google Analytics API to Your VWO account
To connect Google Analytics with your VWO account, perform this:
- On the onboarding screen, click Connect to GA.
- You are prompted with the following API permissions. You must enable these to proceed.
- /auth/analytics - Required for fetching goals, segments, and dimensions.
- /auth/analytics.readonly - Required for viewing analytics data.
- GA Account (In case multiple accounts linked with the google id)
- Property (An account might have multiple properties)
- GA View (A property usually has multiple views for different teams/purposes)