Google Storage, also known as Google Cloud Storage (GCS), is a RESTful online file storage web service for storing and accessing data on Google Cloud Platform (GCP) infrastructure. The service combines the performance and scalability of Google's cloud with advanced security and sharing capabilities.
GCS customers access their data through a web browser or command-line interface. Also, customers can choose the geographical location where their data is stored. You can learn more about GCS here.
How Can VWO-GCS Integration Help You?
- Ability to export VWO campaign (including surveys) data daily
- Eliminates the need to manually download CSV from VWO’s dashboard
- Use platforms like BigQuery to leverage and understand your audience's journey in VWO
Enabling the VWO-GCS Integration for Your VWO Account
To enable the VWO-GCS integration for your VWO account, follow this:
- Log in to your VWO account.
- From the left panel of your VWO dashboard, go to the INTEGRATIONS tab.
- Click on the Google Cloud Storage integration and enable it by clicking the Enable Now button. Once enabled, the GCS screen within the VWO’s Integration section looks like this:
- Login to your GCS account.
- From the panel on the left, go to IAM & Admin > IAM.
- Click +Add to add a member.
- In the New Members field, enter firstname.lastname@example.org, and from the Select a role dropdown, choose Storage Object Admin.
- To finalize your changes, click SAVE.
- On successful addition of a member, a corresponding entry would appear in the list.
- Go back to your VWO app, and in the Config tab of GCS integration, specify the bucket name to store the campaign’s data, and click TEST CONNECTION to validate if VWO can write data to the specified bucket. To learn how to create a bucket in Google Cloud, refer to Create a bucket.
- On successful validation, the connection results are displayed to the right.
- To finalize your configuration, click SAVE.
Once the integration is enabled, you can choose to send the VWO campaign data to GCS at the campaign level. By default, GCS integration is enabled for the new VWO campaigns.
You can enable the GCS integration for your existing campaigns by going to Settings > Others > Integrate with third-party products.
For example, to enable the GCS integration for your existing test campaign, you can edit your campaign settings, as shown below.
Specifications of VWO Campaign Data Sent to GCS
Upon successful setup, a CSV file is created in GCS for every campaign. The path where you can find the campaign’s data: bucketName/accountId/campaignId/yyyymmdd.csv.gz. The path where you can find the campaign’s metadata: bucketName/accountId/campaignId/meta.csv.gz. You can find a sample campaign data and metadata file here.
Viewing Your Campaign ID in VWO
To view your Campaign ID in VWO, follow this:
- Login to your VWO account.
- Go to the relevant campaign dashboard and select the campaign you want to view the ID for, say A/B.
- From the Summary page of your campaign, go to Settings >Summary.
- To view your Campaign ID, scroll down to the Other information section and check for the Campaign ID.
You won't be able to configure VWO Campaigns to sync data to GCS if the GCS setup isn't done correctly. This is only possible if the configuration is successful.