In this article, you’ll learn the following:
If you’re an agency managing VWO workspaces of other business entities, VWO provides you with the Linked Workspaces section in the Workspaces module for streamlined and seamless collaboration. The concept is pretty much simple and straightforward. You can add to yours as many workspaces as you require and access them to create and run their respective campaigns.
The Linked Workspaces section is exclusively designed for the benefit of the agencies. A linked workspace is nothing but any workspace in VWO that is linked to a VWO agency. A linked workspace is a separate entity that holds its own VWO plan and workspaces. It can function on its own while also extending access and operational rights to the agency. The agency operates on linked workspaces based on the business requirements placed by the client. The agency’s operation on a linked workspace is subject to the plan to which the linked workspace has subscribed. Therefore, the consumption limit of an agency workspace is subject to that of the individual linked workspaces.
As an agency, you can link your client’s workspace by simply raising a request from the Linked Workspaces section in the Workspaces module. The client is notified of the request via an email to their registered email address with the request link. Once your client approves the request, their workspace is added to yours as a linked workspace.
- Approving a link request grants the agency complete access to manage the client’s VWO workspace. Read the details of the permissions carefully before approving the request.
- Linking of a workspace is possible only for the whole of the client’s main workspace, encompassing all of its other workspaces.
The Linked Workspaces module lists all your clients’ VWO workspaces that are linked to yours in a table featuring each entry in a row with the following columns of information:
|Displays the name of the workspace
|Displays the ID of the client’s VWO account
|Displays the date on which the request has been sent to the client
|This field is exclusive to those client accounts that have accepted the link request. It displays the date on which the request has been accepted by the client
|Displays any of the following statuses of the requests sent for linking correspondingly:
To quickly access the details of a client's workspace, you can avail of the search bar, where you can enter the workspace ID of the respective client.
Things to Remember While Linking a Workspace
- Both the agency's workspace and the client’s workspace should be verified.
- Linking a workspace can be performed only by an Admin / Owner.
- The linking request can only be sent to an Admin or the Owner of the client workspace.
Verifying Your VWO Account
In order to avail the complete offerings of VWO, it is essential that your VWO account is verified. To do that, perform the following steps:
- If your VWO account is not verified, you will see the following nudge at the top-right:
NOTE: This nudge will be visible until the time you have verified your VWO account.
- Click on the Verify Now button. This displays the following popup stating that you need to click on the verification link sent to your registered email address:
If you haven’t received the email or deleted it by any chance, you can click on the Resend email link on the popup.
- Upon clicking the verification link, you will be redirected to the VWO app, where, after signing in, the following verification confirmation popup is displayed:
Now, you will have complete access to all of the features of VWO based on your plan.
Linking a Client's Workspace
In order to link a client’s VWO workspace to yours, you need to send a request to your client to approve the linking process. To do that, perform the following steps in the Linked Workspaces module:
- Click on the Link an existing workspace link at the top-right of the table.
- In the Send workspace access request popup that appears, enter the client’s workspace ID and their corresponding registered email address. The popup also features the read-only view of the subject and the body of the email to be sent to the admin/owner of the client’s workspace.
- Click Send.
Now the client’s workspace is listed in the Linked Workspaces module with the request status displayed as Pending.
As a client, you can access the link request via email. Clicking on the link takes you to the VWO app, where post logging in, you will be shown the request approval popup. The popup entails the limits of access that the agency would have upon approving the request. You can read through the details carefully before proceeding with the approval.
Once you’re sure about proceeding with the linking process, you can select the I have read the information provided carefully and understand the outcome of workspace Linking. checkbox and click on the Approve Request button. Then on, the General information tab under Settings > Workspaces > General will feature the agency that is managing your workspace.
If you are not okay with the linking process and want to deny it, click on the Deny Request button and in the denial confirmation popup, click Deny Request.
Delinking a Workspace
As an owner or an admin of your VWO account, you can delink a workspace based on the following scenarios:
- As a client, you can click on the Delink option from Account Settings > Accounts > General. Doing this will initiate an email to inform the agency's owner and admins, your team's owner and admins (in cc), and your dedicated Customer Success Manager (CSM) (in bcc) about the delinking.
NOTE: The delinking of the workspace, in this case, is possible only for those accounts that are directly billed by VWO.
- As an agency, you can avail of this option from Account Settings > Workspaces > Linked Workspaces > click on the vertical ellipsis (⋮) corresponding to the intended workspace > Delink workspace. This will trigger an email notifying the client’s account owner and their admins, your team’s owner and admins (in cc), and your dedicated Customer Success Manager (CSM) (in bcc) about the delinking. In your VWO account, you'll see a notification confirming the successful delinking of the client’s account.