In this article, you’ll learn the following:
About VWO <> Microsoft Clarity
Microsoft Clarity is a free web analytics tool that helps website owners understand visitor interactions. It offers session recording, heatmaps, click tracking, scroll tracking, insights, and privacy features.
If you are using VWO and Microsoft Clarity for tracking your website visitors, you can integrate your VWO account with Microsoft Clarity to get your VWO campaigns and variations pushed as custom tags in Clarity, using which you can view the recordings, heatmaps, and other insights of the corresponding visitor sessions.
Enabling the Microsoft Clarity Integration for Your VWO Account
To enable the VWO-Microsoft Clarity integration in your VWO account, the following prerequisites must be met:
- You should possess an active Microsoft Clarity account
- The VWO SmartCode and Microsoft Clarity analytics code should be implemented on your webpage
- Log in to your VWO account.
- From the left panel of your VWO dashboard, go to Configurations > Integrations, which provides integrations to be enabled at the account level. By doing so, the integrations are applied to all the test campaigns in the future by default.
- Click on the Microsoft Clarity integration and enable it. Once done, the Microsoft Clarity screen within the Integrations page looks like this:
If you wish to enable the Microsoft Clarity integration for your existing campaigns, select the campaign, go to Settings > Others, expand the Integrate with third-party products section, and select the Microsoft Clarity option.
Post enabling the integration, you can start sending your VWO experiment data to Microsoft Clarity at the campaign level.
Creating Report in Microsoft Clarity Using VWO Data
Let’s consider that you’re looking to change the layout of the signup form to improve the number of signups. For this, you can use VWO to run an A/B test with the new design vs the existing one. After running the test campaign, you can send the campaign data to Microsoft Clarity and see the session recordings and heatmaps for the corresponding variations.
To do so, create an A/B test in VWO for the new design, enable the VWO <> Microsoft Clarity integration, and perform the following steps:
- Log in to your Microsoft Clarity account.
- From the homepage, go to My Projects and select your project.
- Click on Filters, configure your generic filter options, and navigate to the Custom filters section.
- From the Custom tags dropdown, select VWO. This will populate your VWO campaigns in the adjacent field in this format - VWO-<campaign ID>-<variation ID>.
- Select the required campaigns and click on Apply.
Now you can view the heatmaps and screen recordings for your VWO campaign visitors for the required visitor sessions.