When I try to load the page that I am running the heatmap on, it either loads with broken content or heatmap throws an error.
- Clear existing cookies from your browser and try again.
- The error may occur because the X-frame header is set to SAME_ORIGIN on your website’s backend. You can ask your developer to add conditions to allow the VWO server to bypass the X-frame header settings.
- If you have created a test for one device-type (for example, an iPhone or iPad) and you try to view the heatmap report on another device-type (say, desktop), VWO will use proxy settings to load view and the heatmap report may not load. Please contact VWO support at firstname.lastname@example.org for help on resolving such issues.
- Heatmap reports are generated for the default test URL. Please ensure that you use the exact URL for the heatmaps.
- Enable third-party cookies in your browser settings. When creating a test, VWO drops cookies from app.vwo.com to dev.visualwebsiteoptimizer.com(third-party). Since the cookies on your website are created from dev.visualwebsiteoptimizer.com, your website pages may fail to load if third-party cookies are disabled in the browser settings. Using the browser settings option, you can block third-party cookies but create an exception for these two domains. To know more about enabling and disabling the cookies from the browser settings, refer to Enable or disable third-party cookies.
Try opening the heatmap after clearing the browser cache and cookies. While you do so, please download and enable the VWO plugin on your browser.