VWO’s enterprise-grade platform has been designed keeping in mind the high level of security expected by world-class businesses. With VWO, you can rest assured that any data stored by us remains safe, confidential, and accessible. By ‘safe’ we mean that the data will be protected against any type of loss or corruption, ‘confidential’ means access to the data is granted only to authorized personnel, and by ‘accessible’ we ensure that the data is available to authorized users whenever required.
Where VWO saves data
- VWO is hosted on Google Cloud Platform (GCP), which is SSAE16 certified which store:
- All source-code (in a GCP data center located in the US).
- Configuration data on the homegrown CDN (using Global Load Balancer in GCP data centers in 10 countries and in IBM SoftLayer data centers).
- Database cluster (in a GCP data center in the US).
- VWO web-app (in a GCP data center in the US).
- All Production data is stored in the GCP data center spread across different locations.
- We do not store any customer data locally.
- The variation configurations required to run the tests for visitors can also be self-hosted on the customer’s servers for added security control.
How VWO protects data
Physical access to the GCP data centers is restricted by Google. No physical access is allowed to any of the employees of Wingify, the parent company of VWO.
- VWO code is stored in a Stash / Atlassian system hosted by GCP in the US. VWO employs strict role-based security/passwords for access to the code. Commits to production code are strictly reviewed and go into production after passing Unit Testing and QA in Test and Staging.
- The data stored on production servers are accessible only to the VP-Engineering or Associate Directors. No one else in VWO has access to customer data unless permission to access is granted by the CEO or the VP-Engineering to resolve any technical issue or for debugging.
- There is an hourly backup of the database data in GCP data centers.
- You are always connected to the VWO web-app via HTTPS using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), a cryptographic protocol that is designed to protect against eavesdropping, tampering, and message forgery.
- You can assign roles and permissions to each user that you add to your account to ensure an appropriate level of access to your VWO account.
- You can restrict access to your VWO account to certain IP addresses.
- You can enable alerts to email you whenever specific activities take place in your account.
- To configure the application access in VWO, refer to Configuring Security Settings in VWO.
VWO conducts regular vulnerability scans against its internal and production systems. We are protected against OWASP top 10 security threats. We welcome customers to conduct their own vulnerability scan if they like, as long as they contact us beforehand for permission.
- VWO is hosted on GCP, which is SSAE16 certified. Historically, we have achieved 100% uptime consistently over the past two years.
VWO is trusted by 4,000+ customers
VWO takes strict measures to ensure that any data stored with us is kept safe. VWO is trusted by large enterprises like AMD, Lenovo as well as financial institutions like Tinkoff Bank, Aussie, ICICI Bank for their conversion rate optimization requirements.