- If you wish to opt-out of VWO tracking on a particular website, use the GENERATE OPT-OUT LINK option. To know how to generate the opt-out link, refer to the opt-out.
- If you wish to opt-out of VWO tracking on all websites on this browser, use the Disable VWO option. To know how to disable VWO, refer to the opt-out. Once you've disabled VWO, a cookie gets created in your current browser settings to identify and stop tracking further visits.
- To opt for VWO tracking again, visit the page where you want to start VWO tracking, and simply delete the cookies to opt into VWO again.
NOTE: Please note that these settings are browser-specific and the opt-out
will be effective in the current browser you are using. Your visits will
continue to be tracked on other browsers or even in the incognito mode.
As soon you paste the generated OPT-OUT Link in your browser and hit enter, a confirmation pop-up appears indicating- “You have successfully opted-out of VWO for this website.”
At times, you do not want this pop-up to appear, maybe due to some of your QA team’s requirements. If your quality team runs an automation test and you want that automation not to see any changes applied to the A / B test, you can use a specific query parameter. This won't show a pop-up and is therefore great for Automation testing.
If you do not want such pop-ups to appear, VWO has a simple way to achieve this via a query parameter. All you need to do is, just append &vwo_disable_alert in the generated out-out link. With this, the confirmation pop-up will no more appear and you will get successfully opted-out of VWO.
For example, if your opt-out link is http://example.com?vwo_opt_out=1 and you do not want confirmation pop-up to appear, then append &vwo_disable_alert in the URL and hit enter http://example.com?vwo_opt_out=1&vwo_disable_alert.
Opt-Out of Website tracking
- For website visitors: Enter the URL of the website you do not want to be tracked. and click Generate Opt-Out Link. Then, click on the generated opt-out link to exclude yourself from any VWO tracking.
- For website owners: Enter the URL of the website you do not want to be tracked. and click Generate Opt-Out Link. Share the generated link with your visitors who want to opt-out from VWO.
Opt-Out of Mobile App Tracking
- For app users: Contact your application owner/developer to opt-out of VWO.
- For iOS app owners:
- Call the opt-out method to opt-out using [VWO setOptOut: YES];
- To opt-in again, call the method using [VWO setOptOut: NO];
- Call the opt-out method to opt-out using VWO.setOptOut(true);
- To opt-in again, call the method using VWO.setOptOut(false);