Integrating VWO with your Joomla site allows you to create VWO tests without modifying a single line of code on your website.
The end-to-end process of integrating Joomla with VWO involves the following steps:
- Downloading the plug-in
- Adding the plug-in to your website
- Configuring the plug-in
Downloading the plug-in
Download the VWO-Joomla plug-in at plugin_vwo4joomla16.zip
Adding the plug-in
- Sign in to your Joomla dashboard using your admin account credentials.
- Go to Extensions > Manage > Install.
- Under Upload Package File, click Choose a file and then select the Joomla zip file downloaded earlier. Click Update & Install.
- On the next page, click Manage and search for “visual” in the search bar.
- Select the VWO plugin from the list and click Enable to activate the plugin.
Configuring the plug-in
- Go to Extensions > Plugins section.
- On this page, search for “visual” in the search bar and select the VWO plugin from the list and click Edit to configure the plugin.
- Under the VWO ID field, provide the account id for the VWO account and then click Save & Close.
Congratulations! You have successfully integrated VWO with your Joomla website. You can now go ahead and create tests on your website.