Salesforce Commerce Cloud is a cloud-based e-commerce solution for retailers and brand manufacturers. By integrating VWO with Salesforce Commerce Cloud, you can leverage the powerful testing, tracking, and optimization tools of VWO for your eCommerce platform.
Before getting started with the integration, you must install the VWO cartridge on the Salesforce Commerce Cloud sandbox. The, follow these steps to integrate your Salesforce Commerce Cloud website with VWO:
- Log on to your Salesforce Commerce Cloud dashboard.
- Click the Select a Site drop-down, and then select the website you want to integrate with VWO.
- Click the Merchant Tools drop-down.
- Under Site Preferences, select Custom Preferences.
- In the Custom Site Preference Groups window, select VWO.
Configure Custom Site Preferences
On the Custom Site Preferences screen, enter the following information to integrate your VWO account with the website:
- Instance Type: Indicates the current stage of the integration.
- Sandbox/Development: Choose this option if your platform is under development currently.
- Staging: Choose this option if your platform is in the testing phase and not yet ready for a full deployment.
- Production: Choose this option if your platform is ready to be released to public.
- VWO Status: Use this field to turn VWO integration on or off.
- VWO Account ID: Enter your VWO account ID you want to integrate with the Salesforce Commerce Cloud platform. To view your VWO Account ID, log on to your VWO account. The Account ID is displayed on the upper-right side of the page.
- VWO Smart Code Type: Select the VWO code type that you will use for the website. The default code type recommended for integration is Asynchronous. To learn more about different types of smart codes, click here.
- VWO code has the timer set for the pages to retrieve relevant settings and libraries. If the settings and libraries fail to load within the set time, the code stops execution and the control version(original version) is displayed instead.
- VWO JS Settings Time: The time interval within which relevant settings should be retrieved; otherwise, the control version(original version) is displayed. The default timeout for JS Settings is 2000 milliseconds. If the page loads the relevant settings before 2000ms, this variable is rendered useless.
- VWO JS Library Time: The time interval within which relevant libraries should be retrieved; otherwise, the control version(original version) is displayed. The default timeout for JS Libraries is 2500 milliseconds. If the page loads the relevant libraries before 2500ms, this variable is rendered useless.
- Enable VWO Custom URL: Select this option to enable VWO Custom URL targeting. URLs of an e-commerce platform are often morphed to make them SEO-friendly. This often leads to VWO not being able to recognize the page type. Custom URL targeting modifies URLs of your platform, so VWO can easily recognize the page type and it’s easier for you to run tests. Custom targeting modifies your URLs by adding the following keywords:NOTE: Custom URL adds the following keywords for VWO’s purpose only. The website users will not see any changes. To learn more about VWO Custom URLs, click here.
- Track Revenue in VWO?: Select an appropriate revenue tracking option if your test has a revenue tracking goal.
- Total Revenue: This option turns revenue tracking on; tracks tax and shipping charges as well.
- without_tax_with_shipping: This option turns revenue tracking on; tracks tax but not shipping.
- with_tax_without _shipping: This option turns revenue tracking on; tracks tax but not shipping.
- without_tax_without_shipping: This option turns revenue tracking on; tracks shipping but not a tax.
- Disabled: This option turns revenue tracking off.
NOTE: To track revenue on your website, implement a revenue tracking goal in VWO. To learn more about implementing revenue tracking goals, click here.
- Click Apply to save the settings.
The website is now successfully integrated with your VWO account. You can go ahead and create tests on the website using VWO.