A UUID is a sequence of 32 hexadecimal digits, used to identify your website visitors. VWO drops a cookie in the browser settings for all your website visitors, which contains the unique identification code, such as 3F2504E04F8911D39A0C-0305E82C3301. The VWO UUID is browser-specific and can differ for the user across multiple browsers.
Locating UUID in Google Chrome
- Click the Lock icon in your browser address bar to view the site Information.
- In the security popup, click Cookies.
A list of Cookies in use appears.
- From the list of cookies, select vwo.com > Cookies > _vwo_uuid.
- The 32 digits alphanumeric value of the Content field is your VWO UUID.
Locating UUID in Mozilla Firefox
NOTE: As of Firefox 61, access to cookies has been removed from regular end-user UI. You can still access them via Developer Tools.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+I (Cmd+Option+I on macOS) to open Developer Tools.
- Go to the Storage tab.
- On the left side of the panel, select the desired site under Cookies.
All the cookies that are in use for the selected website appear in the table on the right.
- In the Name column, search for the cookie _vwo_uuid.
- On clicking the cookie _vwo_uuid, the information corresponding to the cookie appears.
The 32 digits alphanumeric value of the _vwo_uuid field is your VWO UUID.