Custom Dimensions allows you to categorize and differentiate the visitors landing on your website.
- Log in to your VWO account.
- Go to SETTINGS > ACCOUNTS > CUSTOM DIMENSIONS.
- Click Add Custom Dimensions.
Create a Custom Dimension dialog appears.
- In the Name field, provide a name for your custom dimension.
- In the Key field, provide a key name.
NOTE: By default, the Key field is populated based on the dimension name. If required, you can change it.
- From the Scope dropdown, select a scope type. For information on Scope, refer to Determining Scope in Custom Dimensions.
- Select Enable Filtering to filter sensitive information. This helps in anonymizing the data before storing these on the VWO server.
- Click Create.
VWO provides you with a code snippet that you can add to the pages to push the Custom Dimension value.