Custom Dimensions allows you to categorize and differentiate the visitors landing on your website. To create a custom segment in VWO, perform the steps as follows:
- Log in to your VWO account.
- Click the gear icon ⚙ on the top right, and go to Accounts > Custom Dimensions.
- Click Add Custom Dimensions. Create a Custom Dimension dialog appears.
- In the Name field, provide a name for your custom dimension.
- In the Key field, provide a key name.
NOTE: By default, the Key field is populated based on the dimension name. If required, you can change it.
- From the Scope dropdown, select a scope type. For information on Scope, refer to Determining Scope in Custom Dimensions.
- Select Enable Filtering to filter sensitive information. This helps in anonymizing the data before storing these on the VWO server.
- Click Create.
VWO provides you with a code snippet that you can add to the pages to push the Custom Dimension value. In this snippet, you must replace the TAG VALUE with the actual value that you want to send to your custom dimension.
For example, you can create a custom dimension for pushing the plan type of your subscribed visitors to VWO. For this, you need to replace TAG_VALUE in the code snippet with the variable that fetches the plan type data corresponding to your website visitors.