Testing in VWO allows you to quickly prototype and test your new ideas. The ideas you test are typically based on your hypothesis. For each of these tests, you can allocate a target audience and exposure.
The testing process starts with understanding the visitor behavior on your website, making observations, and creating a hypothesis for testing. You then implement changes on your website to test the hypothesis.
VWO Testing helps you achieve goals like:
- Minimizing the bounce rate
- Minimizing cart abandonment
- Maximizing conversions
VWO testing helps you validate how effective your hypothesis was and enables you to add learning points to help you build more ideas for optimizing conversions.
For example, Let’s say you have learned that the visitors landing on your e-commerce website are adding products to the cart but they are dropping off without buying the products. Your hypothesis in this situation is that the visitors are facing difficulties in finding the check out button, and hence, they are dropping off before buying a product. Here you would want to build a solution that helps the visitors to locate the checkout button better. With VWO Testing, you can easily do this by running a test with proper placement of the check out button and only show the test to the visitors who click the cart button after they have added the desired products in their cart.
Using VWO Testing features, you can build experiences exactly the way you want, without writing a single line of code. This is done by using the easy-to-use interface of VWO Editor, which enables you to create variations of your website by adding new elements on the page and changing the look and feel of the existing website. To learn more about VWO Editor, refer to VWO Editor.
Using VWO Testing, you can typically:
- Create variations of your website to fix what is broke
- Test multiple variations of your website and find which one converts to best
- Change multiple-element on a single webpage and find the optimal combination of those changes
- Distribute traffic to multiple URLs and identify which one converts best
- Estimate the conversion rate of your website
- Know the statistical validity of your test results