close this to read article
Describes the things that you need to consider while setting up Testing in VWO.
- To run tests in VWO, cookies must be enabled in your browser
- The duration for which you need to run your test depends on several factors such as the number of visitors, conversion rate, etc.
- It is recommended not to change the traffic distribution while a test is running as it can sometimes invalidate your test results regardless of the statistical method that is being used to calculate the results. To know more, refer to Can I Change the Visitor Traffic While a Test is Running in VWO?.
- We recommend not to run a split URL test and A/B test on the same URL at the same time, as it might create issues since the Split URL test will try to redirect the visitor to a variation URL while the A/B test would show variation only on control URL. This will cause a discrepancy in the data collected in either of the tests and only result in the wastage of visitor quota.
- We recommend not to run multiple split tests or a combination of the A/B test and Split URL test on the control URL of your website. Running multiple tests on a control URL causes conflict while executing the test. VWO will send all the test settings during page load so there are chances that visitors’ might become part of only one test depending upon the split URL test settings that are received first.
- Selecting a hypothesis for your test is optional. To learn more about the hypothesis, refer to What is Hypotheses in VWO.
- Testing one hypothesis at a time on a funnel is recommended so that there are no interaction effects (where the variation from one test influences the other tests).
NOTE: You can use mutually exclusive features to run multiple experiments at the same time.
- The default setting of Firefox and Safari browsers do not allow VWO’s SmartCode to execute in incognito mode. However, the default settings can be disabled using the following:
- For tracking on the Safari browser, go to Preferences > Privacy and disable the Prevent cross-site tracking setting.
- For tracking on the Firefox browser, go to Preferences > Privacy & Security > Custom and disable the following settings- Cookies and Tracking Content.