Previewing a variation of your Multivariate test before it actually starts ensures the variations hold all the changes you've made. The PREVIEW option provides a convenient way to quickly check and validate your variations without digging through the test settings. It typically ensures that your variation does not contain broken links or sections and that it's working as expected for your website visitors.
To preview the variations of your Multivariate test, perform this:
- Login to your VWO account.
- Go to TESTING > Multivariate.
- From the Multivariate test dashboard, select the test you want to preview.
- Go to the PREVIEW tab.
- From the Variation dropdown, select the variation you want to preview.
- In the Preview URL field, enter the URL on which you want to preview the changes.
NOTE: If your test is running on multiple pages, you can preview them individually.
- If you have configured targeting conditions in your campaign, an options to Ignore campaign targeting conditions in previews appear right below the variations dropdown. This option allows you to preview your variations irrespective of the targeting conditions that your campaign targets.
NOTE: By default, this option is enabled. If you wish to preview the variations complying with the targeting conditions, disable this.
- To preview your variation, click Preview in a new tab.
- In the preview, a VWO Preview MODE pop-up appears in the lower right corner, displaying the information about your test. To view this information, click on the Campaign name in the pop-up.
Previewing Screenshots of Your Variation
Using the Screenshot Previews section in the PREVIEW tab, you can view the screenshots that VWO generated for your test variations. Here, the screenshots of all your variations appear as thumbnails.
To preview the screenshots of your Multivariate test, perform this:
- Go to the PREVIEW tab, and from the panel on the right, click Screenshot Previews.
NOTE: By default, the Live Previews section is selected.
- To view a screenshot, hover on the screenshot thumbnail and click VIEW SCREENSHOT.
- On the screenshot that appears, you have the option to view the screenshot of your variations in specific browsers. To do this, select the variation and browser from the respective dropdowns and click Go.
- If the screenshot is not showing the changes you recently made, you can refresh the screenshot using the refresh icon present at the top.
Alternatively, you can also use the SELECT BROWSERS dropdown present in the top right corner of the Screenshot Previews section to preview your variations in different browsers.NOTE: While viewing a screenshot for the first time, it may take a few seconds to generate depending on the server load.
In addition, you can also group your variations based on the Browsers and Variations using the GROUP BY screenshot settings present in the panel on the right.