Describes the things that you need to consider while setting up Split URL tests in VWO.
- The control URL should be the one present on the site i.e. the users should land on the control URL and not the variation URL.
- If using a pattern, the variation pages corresponding to all control pages should exist, else it will return a 404 error.
- If the variation URL matches the control URL, there is a possibility of a user getting stuck in a loop, if VWO chooses to show him the variation. In that case, a variation URL should be explicitly excluded.
- While creating a split test for multiple pages that do not have a common pattern, a custom URL or negative regex option can be used.
- If the split test is integrated with GA:
a. The control URL will have pageviews and sessions almost double the number of page views and sessions for variation.
b. The variation URL will not have the traffic source information and will always show referral traffic.
c. The bounce rate of the site may increase or decrease depending on whether the variation is on the same domain or a different domain.
- If VWO SmartCode is not present on the variation URL, it will not track conversions but will still track visits.
- If there is any internal redirection on the control or variation URL, the split test will not work correctly.