Buy with Prime has partnered with VWO to present you with VWO’s A/B testing feature to run experiments for your website visitors to make better decisions that could amplify your business.
If you’re using Shopify to host your store, follow the instructions provided in this article to perform these steps:
- Creating your VWO account
- Selecting an appropriate A/B test campaign
- Installing the codes needed for the A/B test campaign
- Configuring the A/B test campaign URLs
Creating Your VWO Account
Perform the following steps to create your VWO account:
- To start off, enter your work email address on the Get Started with Testing page and click START TESTING NOW.
NOTE: You must use a work email when creating your VWO account, as the domain of the email being used will need to correlate with the URL for testing. Do not use personal emails or any agency emails if working with an agency.
- Now, a verification email is sent to your work email address with instructions. Perform as instructed and verify your VWO account. This is essential to access the potential features of VWO.
Selecting an Appropriate A/B Test Campaign
With Buy with Prime, VWO gives you specially pre-designed A/B test campaigns that you could use to perform A/B testing and measure the performances of your shoppers on Amazon. Perform the following steps to select an appropriate A/B test to achieve your experimentation goals:
- Log in to your VWO account.
- From the main menu on the VWO dashboard, select Testing > AB.
- Select the A/B test campaign from the following:
- BWP Test: To scale the impact of Buy with Prime on shopper conversion rates.
- Reviews Test: To scale the impact of reviews by the shoppers on Amazon.
- Once you have selected the A/B test that you want to run, you need to install the VWO SmartCode and the revenue tracking code on your website to run the test campaign.
Adding VWO SmartCode and the Revenue Conversion Goal Code
To install the VWO SmartCode and the revenue tracking code, perform the following steps:
- Select the test campaign, go to Settings > Summary > VWO SmartCode and copy the asynchronous version of the VWO SmartCode.
- Log in to your Shopify web store as an administrator.
- From the navigation bar, go to Sales channels > Online Store > Themes.
- Under Current Theme, click on the vertical ellipsis (⋮) and select Edit Code.
- Go to the theme.liquid file on the customization panel and paste the VWO SmartCode just before the </head> tag.
TIP: You can use the command + F / ctrl + F function to find the </head> tag.
- Click Save.
- Go back to the Shopify Admin Panel dashboard and click on the Settings tab at the bottom of the left navigation bar.
- Click on the Checkout option and scroll down to the Order Status section.
- In the Additional Scripts section, scroll down to the bottom and paste the VWO SmartCode here as you pasted in the theme.liquid file.
- Now, in the same section, right below the VWO SmartCode, paste the following revenue tracking code to track the revenue conversions:
NOTE: This revenue tracking code is exclusive to your Buy with Prime A/B testing package and can be accessed by navigating to Settings > Goals.
- Save the changes.
You’re now geared up to run your test after configuring the test campaign URLs.
Setting up the Test Campaign URLs
Configuring the URLs right is key in running the test campaigns. This helps keep the results more precise.
To configure the campaign URLs, click on the campaign, go to Settings > URLs and perform the following recommended steps:
- Ensure that the URLs are appropriate for the selected test campaign.
- If you want to run the test for all of your products, use the default setting, which is URL contains "products".
- If you want to run the test for select products, click on Advanced.
- If there are only select pages where you want to run the test, click on Include URL and add their URLs in each field.
- If you want to run the test across most of the products and have only a few to be exempted from the test, click on Exclude URL and specify them in each field.
- Click Save.
You can play around the URL configurations in VWO by learning from this article and the following video:
Once you’re done configuring the URLs for your A/B test campaign, click Save to apply the configuration.
You can preview your campaign before starting by clicking on the Preview button under the Preview tab or directly start a campaign by clicking on Start.
With this, your A/B test is up and running.