In this article, you’ll learn:
As the account owner, you can transfer ownership to another user on your account, as long as the user has main account access.
Only the current account owner has the authority to change the account owner; admins cannot make this change. In VWO, you can change the account owner in the following two ways:
- Do it yourself using the Accounts > Users section of your VWO account, or
- Request the VWO Support team to do it for you
NOTE: We recommend the second option when your current account owner is no longer with the organization and you cannot access their email.
Let’s look at how each option works.
Changing the Account Owner Yourself
Using the Accounts > Users section of your VWO account, you can change the account owner.
To change the ownership of your VWO account, follow this:
- The account owner must log in to the VWO account, not any other user.
- An account owner cannot make an invited user the owner of the account.
INFO: An invited user is someone who has been added to your account but not yet verified.
- The user who will be the new account owner must already exist with the main account access. If the user does not exist, you must add a user following the instructions in this article.
- Log in to your VWO account.
- Click the gear icon ⚙ on the top right, and go to Accounts > Users.
- Click on the vertical ellipses (⋮) icon corresponding to the user you wish to make the owner and choose the Make Owner option.
- To authenticate your request, click on Send Security Token.
INFO: Once you click on Send Security Token, a security token (an 8-digit OTP) with a 10-minute validity period is sent to your email address.
- In the Security Token field, enter the security token received on the current account owner’s email address.
NOTE: If you did not receive the security token or if it has expired, you can resend it using the Resend Security Token option. You can generate a maximum of 10 tokens in 24 hours.
- To finalize your changes, click Confirm.
NOTE: The role of the current account owner will automatically change to Admin after the transfer of ownership.
Requesting VWO’s Support Team to Change the Account Owner
If your current account owner is no longer with the organization, you can request the VWO team for ownership transfer by sending an email with the following information from your registered email at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- The email address of the user you wish to make the owner.
- The billing address and the last two digits of your credit card for your identity verification. You can find the billing details in the Settings > Billing & Invoices section.