In this article, you’ll learn:
To facilitate collaboration between members of a team, you can add multiple users to your VWO account or sub-account. While adding users, you can assign multiple accounts as required along with the corresponding access permission for them. The access level for an account indicates the actions that users can perform in VWO under that account.
When you set access permissions, you specify which users have access to what part of the application. This enables you to define distinct roles for each user and facilitate smooth collaboration between different members of a project. To learn about the VWO hierarchy, refer to Understanding VWO Account Hierarchy.
How to Add Users to your VWO Account?
As the account owner or administrator, you can add multiple users to your VWO accounts. Each user can be assigned to multiple accounts with different permissions, as required. Perform the following steps to add a user:
- Log in to your VWO account.
- Click the gear icon ⚙ on the top right, and go to Accounts > Users.
- Click Add User. This displays the Add User popup.
In the Add User popup that appears, enter the name and the corresponding email address of the user.
From the Account dropdown, select the account or sub-account to which you want to add the user.
From the Permission drop-down, assign access permission for the user.
Click Invite. On doing this, the added user will be displayed under the Users tab. The newly added user will receive an invite link in their corresponding email inbox with the instructions to set up their password for login.NOTE: Every newly added user will be marked as “(invited)” under the Users tab until they log into their respective accounts.
How to Edit / Delete User Accounts?
In order to modify any detail for an existing user or to delete the user account, click on the user and perform the following actions:
- To Edit: Click (⋮) > Edit.
- To Delete: Click (⋮) > Delete > OK.
Criteria for Editing or Deleting a User Account:
- If you are the Owner or an Admin of the main account, you will be able to Edit or Delete all the other users, but for your own user account.
- If you are an Admin of a sub-account, you will be able to Edit or Delete all the other users corresponding to that sub-account only.
- If you are editing a user account as the Owner or Admin, all the details (Name, Account, and Permission), except the email address can be edited for all the other users. The email address of a user can be modified only by the respective user.
Key Points to Remember
- Assigning the main account to a user will provide them access to all the underlying sub-accounts with the same permission as the main account.
- The account that is first assigned to a user, will be their corresponding default account that appears upon signing in to VWO.
- If a sub-account is disabled,
- It will not be populated in the Account dropdown when creating a new user.
- It will appear grayed out for an existing user.
How to Add Sub-Accounts in your VWO Account?
You can add sub-accounts to your account if you want to set up a separate account for your customers. In most cases, sub-account are added by agencies that handle multiple customers and need to manage a separate account for each customer. It can also be used in a large Enterprise setup where different teams need to run their own tests on varying domain names.
- Log in to your VWO account.
- Click the gear icon ⚙ on the top right, and go to ACCOUNTS > SUB-ACCOUNTS.
- To add a user, click Add Sub-Account.
Field corresponding to adding a sub-account appears.
- In the Account Name field, provide the name of your sub-account.
- Click Save.
The recently added sub-account appears in the Sub-Accounts list.