Creating a funnel allows you to track the drop-off percentage and conversion data of visitors at each stage of a process.
TIP: Goals in a funnel are tracked in a sequence. For example, unless say Goal 1 is triggered, goal 2 will not be tracked, and so on. You must ensure that the goals in the funnel are in the correct flow and sequence for it to work effectively.
To create a funnel, you need to configure a minimum of two goals.
- Log in to your VWO account.
- Go to INSIGHTS > Funnels.
Funnels dashboard appears
- To create a funnel, click Create.
NOTE: If you have not created any funnel in the past, you will see the option Create A Funnel in the funnels dashboard.
- To change the funnel name, click the edit icon present next to the New Funnel.
- From the Select from existing goals dropdown, select a goal you want to add to your funnel.
NOTE: The dropdown displays the goals which you have already created.
- To track the funnel performance for specific segments, enable Select the segments for which you want to track funnel performance, although it is recommended that you do not apply a targeting condition for the funnel, and segment the report during analysis to see the performance of specific segments, unless targeting by behavior, cookie value or custom JS variables.
Targeting funnels for specific visitor groups allows you to analyze the goal reports, based on the visitor segments you have defined. To learn how to create segments, click How to Use Segment Gallery. You can also create a custom visitor segment or select one from the default segments. Create and save your frequently used segments in My Segments.
- To add notes to your funnel, click Add Notes.
- To add labels to your funnel, click Add Labels.
NOTE: Labels can be used to filter out the funnels in the dashboard.
- Click Create.
Funnel setup successful message appears. You can either immediately start running the funnel or choose to start it at a later time.
To verify whether your Funnel is successfully created, go to INSIGHTS > Funnels. The recently created funnel must appear in the funnels dashboard.