Sometimes, you want to test functionality/features that require a great extent of backend coding and that cannot be done using VWO Visual Editor. Examples include auto-detecting the credit card type, A/B testing inline form validation, image carousels versus static images, and so on. This article discusses how to create such advanced A/B test for web pages.
Follow these steps to create A/B test for pages with extensive code changes:
- Hard-code the functionality on the original website (Control).
- Next, sign in to your VWO dashboard and then click Create on the A/B test dashboard.
- On the Campaign URLs page, type the control URL, the page you want to design, and then click Next.
- On VWO Editor, click Settings against the variation and then click Edit Code.
- To define goals and complete the remaining steps of the test creation process, click Next.
- On completion, run the test to find out which heading variation gets you more conversions.