Often, you want to test features/functionality that requires a lot of backend coding, which can't be done with the VWO Visual Editor. For example, auto-detecting the credit card type, A/B testing inline form validation, image carousels versus static images, and so on. This article gives you an overview of how to create such an advanced A/B test for web pages.
To create an A/B test for pages with extensive code changes, follow this:
- Hard-code the functionality on the original website (Control).
- Log in to your VWO account.
- Go to TESTING > A/B, and click CREATE.
- In the Enter URL of the page you want to test field, enter the URL of the page you want to design, and click NEXT.
- In VWO Editor, click </> Code, and from the panel on the right, select the variation you want to work with.
- To define goals and complete the remaining steps of the test creation process, click NEXT.
- On completion, run the test to find out which variation gets you more conversions.