Often, you want to test features or functionality that requires a lot of backend coding, which can't be done with the VWO Visual Editor. For example, auto-detecting the credit card type, A/B testing inline form validation, image carousels versus static images, and so on. This article gives you an overview of how to create such an advanced A/B test for web pages.
To create an A/B test for pages with extensive code changes, follow this:
- Hard-code the functionality on the original website (Control).
- Log in to your VWO account.
- Go to Testing > A/B, and click Create.
- Go to Configuration > Variations.
- From the Editor Type dropdown on the Variations page, select Code editor and click Open.
- In VWO Editor, click </> Code, and from the panel on the right, select the variation you want to work with.
- To define goals/metrics and complete the remaining steps of the campaign creation process, click Save and continue.
- On completion, run the campaign to find out which variation gets you more conversions.