The ultimate objective of your test is to derive meaningful insights from your test and apply them to improve the conversion rate for your website. The A/B testing dashboard in VWO enables you to create, edit, and manage your A/B tests. You can access the A/B testing dashboard by navigating to TESTING > A/B.
Let’s look at the A/B Testing dashboard and understand what all functions are available for you.
On the dashboard, the test tiles show what stage of the creation process a test is in. After starting a test, the tile shows the number of visitors, the number of variations, the conversions, etc.
Using the A/B Tests dashboard, you can perform the following actions:
- Create a new test
- Filter and search for existing tests
- Archive, Delete, Start, or Pause the Tests
Create a New Test
You can create a new A/B test by clicking on CREATE in the upper-right corner of the dashboard. To learn more about creating an A/B test in VWO, refer to Creating an A/B Test in VWO.
Filter and Search for Existing Tests
Using the panel on the right of the A/B test dashboard, you can filter your tests by:
- Campaign Name: by entering the campaign name or URL in the Search campaigns field, you can search for any campaign that you have created in the past. Based on your search keyword, all the matching results will appear in the list.
1. You can search based on campaign name and URL.
2. The campaigns are searched regardless of the campaign status. If you wish to restrict your search to a certain status, you should select it after searching for the campaign name. This can be done using the FILTER BY STATUS section.
3. Once the Search campaigns field is cleared, the campaign list will switch back to its default view.
- Status: using the filters present in the FILTER BY STATUS section, you can filter the campaign list based on their status- Running, Drafts, Paused, Archived, Thrashed.
1. By default, the Running status is selected, and all the campaigns currently running appear in the list.
2. If no campaign is in running status, the Drafts and Paused status are also selected by default.
3. The Drafts status shows all the campaigns that are not yet complete or are complete but not started.
- Label: if you have added a label to your campaign, you can filter out the campaign list based on the label. To do this, use the options present in the FILTER BY LABEL section.
NOTE: If you have not added any label in your campaigns, the FILTER BY LABEL section is not shown.
Additionally, using the panel on the right, you can also sort the tests using the Sort dropdown. To sort the tests, the following criteria can be used: Creation Time, Campaign Name, Creator Name, and Modification Time.
Archive, Delete, Start, or Pause the Tests
- START: To start the data collection for a test, select a test from the list, and click Start on the toolbar.
NOTE: At a time, you can edit a maximum of 20 tests.
- PAUSE: To pause the data collection for a test, select a test from the list and click Pause on the toolbar.
- ARCHIVE: To archive a test, select a test from the list and click Archive on the toolbar. Archiving a test removes it from the dashboard, but you can still access it from the archived list. You can do this by applying the Archive filter on the A/B test dashboard.
- DELETE: To delete a test, click Delete. The deleted campaigns go to your trash folder. You can restore the campaign(s) or permanently delete them from the trash folder.