Personalization in VWO allows you to determine which group of visitors can see a specific variation of your website. It is used for targeted tests that require personalized content for a specific user group, thereby enhancing the overall customer experience of your website.
You can create personalized tests based on the user location, the device used by the visitors, new or unique visitors, and so on.
For example, consider that most of your customers are spread across Europe and North America. Now, you want to create a promotional offer for your European customers only. With VWO personalization, you can create a variation for the promotional offer that will only be visible to the traffic originating from the European region.
VWO Personalize may not be available in your account. For more details, please reach out to your account manager.
- Login to your VWO account.
- From the panel on the left, select PERSONALIZE.
The Personalization testing dashboard appears.
- To create a new Personalization campaign, click CREATE.
NOTE: If you're creating the personalization campaign for the first time, CREATE A PERSONALIZATION CAMPAIGN option appears on the dashboard.
- To change the name of your Personalization name, click the edit icon present next to the New Personalization Campaign and enter a name.
- In the Enter URL of the page you want to test field, enter the URL of the webpage you want to test.
NOTE: To include or exclude URLs from the goal tracking, click the ADVANCED tab next to the URL field. Using this tab, you can also define advanced pattern-matching options to include either a broad URL with wildcard entries or a specific URL. To learn about using different URL types for a goal, refer to Using URL Patterns in VWO.
- If you wish to create variations of your test by writing code, or you may want to target your test for a specific set of visitors, or you may want to load your campaigns on mobile devices, then you can use the options present in the More Options section. To know more, refer to Setting-up Pages for Your Test in VWO.
- Click NEXT.
The VARIATIONS page appears, and the VWO Visual Editor in a new tab allowing you to modify and save changes on the variation.
- Once you are done making the changes to your variation, click NEXT.
The VWO Visual Editor gets closed, and the TARGETS page appears.
- On the TARGETS page, specify the visitor segment you want to target for each variation in the test. To know how to target variations to the visitor segment, refer to Targeting Variations to Visitor Segment.
- Once you are done configuring the target, click NEXT.
The GOALS page appears.
- To set up goals for your test campaign, click the edit icon present next to the New Goal and enter the name for your goal.
- From the Goals Type dropdown, select the goal type you want to work with. To know more about different goal types in VWO, refer to What are the Different Types of Conversion Goals?.
- In the Include URLs field, specify the operation from the dropdown, and in the field next to it, enter the URL of the webpage where you want to track the conversions.
NOTE: This field appears based on what you have selected in the Goal Type dropdown.
- To track another activity in your campaign, click Add Another Goal.
- Once you are done setting up the conversion goals, click NEXT.
The FINALIZE page appears.
- To customize the visitor traffic allocation for your campaign, expand the Traffic Split section, and choose the relevant option.
- If you want to integrate your test with the third-party integrations supported by VWO, expand the Integrate with third-party products section, and choose the desired integration.
- To configure advanced options for your test, expand the Advanced Options section, and select the desired options. To know the functionality of each option, refer to Finalizing Your Test.
- To add notes about something important to your test, click Add Notes, and enter the information.
- To add labels to your test, click Add Labels.
NOTE: Labels can be used to filter out the test on the dashboard.
- Once you are done finalizing the advanced settings for your test, click FINISH.
The summary of your test appears along with the option toRUN NOW or REVIEW CAMPAIGN AND START LATER. To learn about how to schedule your test in VWO, refer to Scheduling a Test in VWO.
To ensure that your Personalization campaign is successfully created, go to PERSONALIZE and check for the campaign you created in the Personalization dashboard.