Umbraco is an open-source content management system (CMS) platform for publishing content on the World Wide Web and intranets. Integrating VWO with Umbraco allows you to A/B test your website by adding the VWO SmartCode snippet to the Umbraco site.
To check if you have correctly installed the SmartCode on your webpage, enter the URL in the SmartCode Checker in the Settings > SmartCode section of your VWO Account. See SmartCode Checker in VWO to know what different results mean.
- Type a name for the script, such as VWO.js, and then click Save.
- Copy VWO SmartCode from your account dashboard, paste it in the VWO.js script file, and then click Save. Make sure to remove the <script> tag from VWO code.
- Copy the VWO.js file path.
- Go to Templates, and then open the Layout folder. Paste the VWO.js file path (<script src=”/scripts/VWO.js”></script>) just before the </head> tag.
- To complete the integration, click Save. You can now run VWO tests on your Umbraco website.