Forms in VWO lets you analyze how visitors interact with the forms on your website. VWO tracks forms by either the id or name property inside the <form> tag. To access the forms in VWO, go to INSIGHTS > Forms.
The creation and tracking of form in VWO is a four-step process:
- Setting up the pages
- Defining the visitor segment
- Configuring advanced options
- Triggering the form tracking
- Log in to your VWO account.
- Go to INSIGHTS > Forms.
The Forms dashboard appears.
- To create a form, click Create.
NOTE: If you have not created any forms in the past, you will
see the option START TRACKING YOUR FORMS in the forms dashboard.
- To change the form name, click the edit icon present next to the New Campaign.
- Now to set up the form tracking, you can choose to fetch the forms either automatically or manually.
Auto detect using a page URL: Select this option to fetch all
the forms residing on the specified URL. From the list of
fetched forms, select the form you want to track.
Manual setup using Form name or ID or CSS Selector: Select this
option to manually enter the details of the form you want to track.
To know how to find the form name, ID, or CSS selector, refer to
How to Find Form Name or Id or CSS Selector?
- Once you are done with fetching the form, the next step is to specify the URL where you want to track the form. To do this, enter the URL in the Enter URL(s) where you want to track the form field.
- Click Include URL or Exclude URL to include or exclude URLs for the form you want to track. Using this option, you can also define advanced pattern-matching options to include either a broad URL with wildcard entries or a specific URL. To learn more about URL options, click here.
- To record the user interaction within specific visitor segments. Select the Enable campaign for a specific visitor group option. Here, you can define the segments such as the geographical location, user device, and other user behaviors. To know more about segmentation, click here.
- To schedule your forms to run, pause, or stop at specific times, expand the Advanced Options to enable and set the scheduling. To know more about the scheduling option, refer to How to Schedule Your VWO Test.
- Click Create to save the form configurations
- To start tracking forms on the website, go to INSIGHTS > Forms and from the Forms dashboard, search for the form you want to track and click START NOW.
To verify whether your Form is successfully created, go to INSIGHTS > Forms. The recently created Form must appear in the Forms dashboard.