You typically create a hypothesis to depict a projected change and it's potential impact on your website conversions.
In VWO, you can create a Hypothesis from any of these three sections:
- The Hypotheses dashboard
- The Test dashboard
- The Observations dashboard
The Hypotheses Dashboard
- On the navigation bar, click Hypotheses under Plan.
- On the Hypotheses dashboard, click the Create button.
- On the New Hypothesis pop-up, enter the hypothesis details in the respective fields.
- Based on Observation: Enter a brief informative description of the Observation on which you have built the hypothesis.
- I expect that: Enter a solution that you expect will solve the problem. For example, changing the color of Sign-up button from orange to green may attract more clicks.
- Will address: Enter the problem that you are addressing.
- Prioritization Score: Prioritization will help you organize the multiple hypotheses in a logical order. Enter a score for each prioritizing parameter – confidence, importance, and ease. VWO will calculate the priority score for the hypothesis based on the score you provide to each parameter. To know more about prioritizing Hypothesis, click here.
- Page URL: Enter URL of the page where you made the observation that this hypothesis is based on.
- Attachments: Upload attachments relevant to the hypothesis.
- Labels: Enter labels to make the Observation easily searchable.
- Click the Create button to finalize the Hypothesis.
- Star a Hypothesis to add it to your favorites.
The Test Dashboard
- On the navigation bar, select the test type and click Create.
- On the New Test screen, click the Create a new hypothesis button.
- On the New Hypothesis pop-up that appears, enter the Hypothesis details as explained above.
The Observations Dashboard
On the Observations dashboard, a new hypothesis is created when you follow the steps to link an observation to a new hypothesis. To know how to link an observation to a new hypothesis, click here.