Using the VWO segmentation feature, you can group your website visitors into segments based on the visitors' common traits. For example, You may want to run a test for all the customers based out of the USA in the age group of 30-35 years. Then you must segment your test using two variables, one which represents the country and the other one for the age group. In VWO FullStack, you can do this by using the AND/OR operators.
In VWO client-side testing, we provide some basic segments such as location, browser, etc., as the cookies can detect these at the browser level. In contrast, in VWO FullStack, everything is done at the server level, and it is not possible to fetch such user attributes from the server. Thus, these attributes need to be added explicitly using the Custom Variables.
- To configure the segmentation, expand the Advanced Options and enable the option Enable campaign for a specific user group.
- Go to the CUSTOM section.
- In the Custom Variable field, enter the variable name.
- From the Operators dropdown, select the option per your requirements and enter the value of your variable.
NOTE: To add more variables, click Add Condition. You can use AND/OR options to establish a link between the conditions.
- Click SAVE SEGMENT to save your segmentation condition.
NOTE: Post this, the saved segment must appear in the MY SEGMENTS section.
Once you have added the custom variables in the segmentation, the next step is to pass these custom variables and their value to the SDK.