Feature Rollout lets you deliver a new feature in incremental phases. Also referred to as Feature Toggle, which enables you to turn your features ON/OFF and alter user experience without deploying new code.
To create a feature rollout campaign, you must first create a Project and a Feature.
- Log in to your VWO account.
- Go to FULLSTACK > Feature Rollouts.
- To create a new feature rollout campaign, click Create.
New Feature Rollout Campaign page appears.
- From the Feature dropdown, select a feature you want to work with.
NOTE: The Feature dropdown displays the feature which you have created in the Feature creation step. If you have not created any feature, select the option Create Feature from the dropdown. To know how to create a feature, refer to Creating a feature in VWO FullStack.
- In the Campaign Key field, enter a name for your campaign.
- From the Project dropdown, choose a project you want to work with.
NOTE: The Project dropdown displays the project which you have created in the project creation step.
- If you have not created any project, select the option Create Project from the Project dropdown. To know how to create a project, refer to Configuring Projects in VWO FullStack.
1. Once you select a project, a code block appears at the bottom of the page. The code block displays the information in the language you have specified for this project in the Projects step, and the code block lists all the variables you have added for the feature you have selected for this campaign.
2. Once you select a project, the Environment Name field displays the environment(s) marked as Default during project creation.
- From the Environment Name dropdown, select the environment where you want to run your test. This dropdown displays the environment(s) which you have chosen in the project creation step.
NOTE: Using the option Add another environment, you can run your test on multiple environments. This option only appears if you have chosen multiple environments in the project step.
- To add more projects, click Add another project.
- Using the toggle option, turn a feature on/off.
- In the Traffic Allocator, specify the percentage of traffic that you want to include in the campaign.
- Click Create.
To verify if your feature rollout campaign is successfully created, go to FULLSTACK > Feature Rollouts, and search for the campaign you have created in the campaign list.