User Whitelisting in VWO FullStack allows you to force specific user or user segments into specific variations irrespective of whether they qualify to become the part of the campaign or not. By this, we typically mean that you have the option to decide what variation is shown to which user or user segments.
The Force users in specific variations feature is only available in Feature Tests and A/B campaigns.
For example, say you have released some features in the Production environment, and out of your 10 member QA team, you want to show one variation only to the three members and other variation to the remaining seven members.
To start defining who sees what, you first need to enable the Force users in specific variations option from the Advanced Options section while setting up your test campaign. Once you have enabled this option, you can define the conditions to make your variations visible to the specific audience.
The Force users in specific variations option take precedence over all the other settings, i.e if a user has already become a part of a campaign and you configure to show the specific variation to this user in the Force users in specific variations section, then all the previous configurations made for this user are ignored and the specific variation is displayed to the user. For example, consider there are two variations of your website, say V1 and V2. A campaign is running on your website and the visitor got sampled for the variation V1. Now, if you wish to only show the variation V2 to this user, you can simply add this user to the whitelist, and with this, variation V2 is shown to this user instead of variation V1.
How to Make a Specific Variation Visible to the Visitors
Using the dropdowns present in the Advanced Options > Force users in specific variations section, you can manually add multiple users or variables for each of your variations.
- Login to your VWO account.
- Go to FULLSTACK > A/B or FULLSTACK > Feature Tests.
- In the FINALIZE step of your campaign setup, expand the Advanced Options, and enable the option Force users in specific variation. To whitelist users or user segments.
All the variations created as a part of the campaign appears.
- Select the Variation or Control for which you want to add users or variables.
- From the first dropdown, select either User or Custom Variable.
NOTE: By default, option Custom Variable is selected in the
dropdown and a field corresponding to the dropdown appears.
You must enter the name of the custom variable in this field.
If you choose the User option, no field appears corresponding
to the dropdown.
- From the second dropdown, select the operator per your requirements and enter the value of your user or custom variable.
NOTE: You can add more than one USERID in the value field
separated by a comma.
- To add more users or user segments, click Add Condition. You can use AND/OR options to establish a link between the users or user segments.
Once you have added the users and custom variables to the whitelist, the next step is to pass these custom variables or users and their value to the SDK.