Once a Custom Dimension is created, you can modify it as and when required.
- Log in to your VWO account.
- Go to SETTINGS > ACCOUNTS > CUSTOM DIMENSIONS.
- From the list of existing Custom Dimensions, click on the Settings icon corresponding to the Custom Dimension that you want to modify.
The context menu appears with the options- Edit, Flush all data, and Delete.
- Select the desired option from the Settings context menu.
Options Present in Settings Context Menu
- The Edit option allows you to change the name of the dimension. However, Key and Scope settings cannot be changed.
- To flush all the data associated with a Custom Dimension, select the option Flush all data. Please note that you cannot undo the action after you have flushed the data. All data collected at this point will be deleted. If you continue using the dimension, you can only use new data captured for filtering reports.
- To remove a Custom Dimension, select the option Delete. Please note that deleting a dimension does not delete the visitor data, but will only remove the tag for report filtering. The test data collected is not impacted by the action.