Once a Custom Dimension is created, you can modify it as and when required. To learn how to do it, perform this:
- Log in to your VWO account.
- Click the gear icon ⚙ on the top right, and go to ACCOUNTS > CUSTOM DIMENSIONS.
- From the list of existing Custom Dimensions, click on the Settings icon corresponding to the Custom Dimension that you want to modify.
The context menu appears with the options- Edit, Flush all data, and Delete.
- Select the desired option from the Settings context menu.
Options Present in Settings Context Menu
- The Edit option allows you to change the name of the dimension. However, Key and Scope settings cannot be changed.
- The Flush all data option will delete all the data that you have captured so far against the dimension.
NOTE: You can continue using the dimension, however, you can only use new data captured for filtering reports.
- To Delete option will remove a Custom Dimension from the UI.
NOTE: Deleting a dimension does not delete the visitor data, but will only remove the tag for report filtering. The test data collected is not impacted by the action.