In this article, you’ll learn:
Tealium helps companies connect their data so they can better connect with their customers. It revolutionizes today’s digital businesses with a universal approach to customer data orchestration – spanning web, mobile, offline, and Internet of Things devices. With the power to unify customer data into a single source of truth, Tealium offers a turnkey integration ecosystem supporting more than 1,000 client-side and server-side vendors and technologies.
The Tealium Customer Data Hub encompasses tag management, API hub, customer data platform, and data management solutions that enable organizations to leverage real-time data to create richer, more personalized digital experiences across every team, technology, and customer touchpoint.
To know more about Tealium, click here.
Integrating VWO with Tealium
VWO empowers content managers to run A/B tests at scale in an intuitive manner. With the VWO-Tealium integration, you can use the audiences and badges created in Tealium as targeting conditions in VWO.
Integrating VWO with Tealium is a two-step process:
Enable the Tealium integration in VWO
To enable the VWO-Tealium integration for your VWO account, follow this:
- Log in to your VWO account.
- Click on the Tealium integration and enable it. Once enabled, the Tealium screen within the VWO’s Integration section looks like this:
- Go to the Config tab, and enter the values for the following fields: Tealium Account Name, Tealium Profile, and Tealium LocalStorage Key.
INFO: You can get the Tealium Account Name (is mapped to the Account field in Tealium Customer Data Hub) and Tealium Profile (is mapped to the Profile field in Tealium Customer Data Hub) in the Tealium Customer Data Hub dashboard.
In addition, Tealium stores visitor profile data in localstorage in the browser using this Tealium LocalStorage Key (auto-generated as soon as you enable the Tealium integration in VWO). You need not change this key value if you use the Tealium IQ tag manager to add Tealium to your page. If you are using any other tag manager, you might need to change this key.
- Once done, click Save.
- To sync your Tealium data with VWO, click Sync Data.
INFO: We periodically sync your audiences and badges created in Tealium once every 24 hours. You can sync the data manually by clicking this button.
Use Tealium Data as Targeting Condition in VWO
Assume you manage an e-commerce website and wish to run an A/B test campaign for visitors who abandoned the cart. To do so, create a Tealium audience type called Cart Abandoner and sync data with VWO. This allows you to use Tealium's data as a targeting condition in VWO to ensure that your test campaign executes for those visitors.
To use the Tealium integration as a targeting condition in VWO, follow this:
- Login to your VWO account.
- Using the Testing section, create a test campaign.
- Go to Configuration > Audience and Traffic > Target Audience > Custom Segment and create a segment using any (or both) of the following conditions: Tealium Audience and Tealium Badge. Here's an example of how you can put it to use.
INFO: To learn about Tealium Badge and Audience, refer to Tealium Badge and Tealium Audience, respectively.To know more about custom segments in VWO, refer to How to Define Custom Visitor Segments.NOTE: When you choose Tealium Audience or Badge as a targeting condition, we set the Poll Until setting to Custom Event by default, which includes a code snippet that waits 5 seconds for the localStorageKey (tealium_va or the value you specified in the Config tab)to be available. The segmentation condition will not apply if this is not available within 5 seconds. This time interval can be modified (as per your requirements) in the code snippet highlighted in the screenshot below.
- To add multiple conditions, click Add condition. Also, you can define the logical relationship between the different conditions using the And/Or operators and use brackets to organize the segment condition.
- Once done, click Save Segment.
You might experience a delay in VWO changes getting applied on the page as the Tealium API call might take some time to populate the required info on the page.