In this article, you’ll learn:
Lytics is a customer data platform (CDP) designed to help marketing teams to boost business performance by integrating the correct data to Lytics powerful AI engine. Lytics gives advertisers the capabilities to develop one-to-one marketing campaigns and engagements based on each user's interests and customer journey by integrating unique behavioral insights, machine learning, and real-time campaign management.
Integrating VWO with Lytics
VWO empowers content managers to run A/B tests at scale in an intuitive manner. With the VWO-Lytics integration, you can use the audiences created in Lytics as targeting conditions in VWO.
To integrate Lytics with VWO, you don't need to add any extra code to your website. All you have to do is enable Lytics in the VWO app's Integrations section.
Data is automatically synced when the VWO user saves the configuration parameters. In addition, data will sync routinely every 24 hours after that. If the user desires, he can manually sync data to retrieve any recently generated audience in Lytics.
Integrating VWO with Lytics is a two-step process:
Enable the Lytics Integration in VWO
To enable the VWO-Lytics integration for your VWO account, follow this:
- Log in to your VWO account.
- From the left panel of your VWO dashboard, go to the INTEGRATIONS tab.
- Click on the Lytics integration and enable it. Once enabled, the Lytics screen within the VWO’s Integration section looks like this:
- Go to the CONFIG tab, and enter the values for the API Token Profile field.
INFO: You can fetch the API Token Profile from the Account > Manage Account > API tokens section of your Lytics account. Alternatively, if you wish to create a new API token, you can use the +Create API Token option.In addition, Lytics stores visitor profile data in the local storage of the browser using the Lytics LocalStorage Key (auto-generated as soon as you enable the Lytics integration in VWO). You need not change this value. However, if you are using any other custom setup, you might need to change this key.
- Once done, click SAVE.
- To sync your Lytics data with VWO, click Sync Data. For the first time, the data is synced automatically.
INFO: We periodically sync your audiences created in Lytics every 24 hours. You can sync the data manually by clicking this button.
Use Lytics Data as Targeting Condition in VWO
Assume you manage an e-commerce website and wish to run an A/B test campaign for anonymous visitors on your website. To do so, create a segment as Lytics Audience is equal to Anonymous Profiles. This allows you to use Lytics data as a targeting condition in VWO to ensure that your test campaign executes for those visitors.
To use the Lytics integration as a targeting condition in VWO, follow this:
- Login to your VWO account.
- Using the TESTING section, create a test campaign.
- In the URL(s) page, expand the More Options section and select the Enable campaign for a specific visitor group option.
- Go to the Custom Segment and create a segment using the Lytics Audience condition. Here's an example of how you can put it to use.
INFO: To learn about Lytics Audience, click here.To know more about custom segments in VWO, refer to How to Define Custom Visitor Segments.
NOTE: When you choose Lytics Audience as a targeting condition, we set the Poll Until setting to Custom Event by default, including a code snippet that waits 5 seconds for the LocalStorage Key (lytics_segments or the value you specified in the Config tab) to be available. The segmentation condition will not apply if this is not available within 5 seconds. This time interval can be modified (as per your requirements) in the code snippet highlighted in the screenshot below.
- To add multiple conditions, click Add condition. Also, you can define the logical relationship between the different conditions using the AND/OR operators and use brackets to organize the segment condition.
- Once done, click Save Segment.
You might experience a delay in VWO changes getting applied on the page as the Lytics API call might take some time to populate the required information on the page.