Since its inception, the heart of VWO’s intent has been to provide you with the freedom to experiment, analyze, and optimize your website with ease. To make this possible, we have considered several points of applicability and devised multiple parameters for you to gauge different aspects of your online business platform. Our range of products with inbuilt tracking and segmentation capabilities cater to a plethora of requirements that help you optimize your website at ease. However, needs differ with businesses, and sometimes, not all our solutions meet all your business requirements. Hence, VWO keeps on developing capabilities to serve the growing needs of different businesses.
For example, with VWO’s predefined tracking, you can track the visitors who have abandoned the cart or track the revenue generated per purchase. But, you may also be looking to track those visitors who have returned after abandoning the cart or track the collective revenue generated for all the purchases made by an individual visitor. Requirements like these are subjective to businesses and are infinite.
To handle this, we have got down to the roots to offer a solution that keeps your optimization journey up and seamless. In order to enhance the precision of tracking and segmentation and further refine your approaches to treat underperforming areas with better improvisation, you need to have a broader assortment of parameters customized for your business to bring deeper insights.
Henceforth, VWO offers you the ability to tailor your own parameters to gauge the performance of your website at scale. With Data360, you will be bestowed with the power to capture any event on your website to create custom tracking conditions and segmentation properties that can potentially serve you with rewarding results. You can reuse these parameters across your campaigns, wherever needed. Beyond these, you also get a 360-degree view of your visitor’s journey through your website.
Data360 is the central arena for creating and managing events, visitor attributes, and metrics (tracking conditions) for gauging a spectrum of parameters in your website while running your campaigns. The key fact is that all of these features, once configured, can be used across your campaigns, as and how you require. The Data360 module enables you to create and manage the following features:
- Profiles - These are the data corresponding to individual UUID’s of the visitors. This feature accumulates all the events and the attributes of individual visitors during any of your running campaigns pertaining to VWO Testing, Insights, Rollouts and Personalize.
- Attributes - These define the attributes of a visitor. This feature helps you segment visitors in your campaigns. E.g.: Age, gender, and geographical location of the visitor.
- Events - An event is an action performed by a visitor on the website. This feature helps to capture the visitor actions, which in turn can be used to track and segment the visitors in your campaigns. E.g.: making a purchase, clicking on a banner, abandoning the cart, etc.
- Segments - This feature allows you to segment your visitors to filter your VWO campaign reports for detailed analysis. Using this, you can filter the visitors with specific attributes and save the segment to be applied across your VWO campaign reports.
- Triggers - This feature enables you to configure when your campaign should be displayed to the eligible cohorts. You can trigger your campaigns based on any event, such as triggering your campaign when a visitor has scrolled more than two pages on your website.
- Metrics - A metric is a measurement of the accomplishment of a said task. This feature helps you to gauge the accomplishments of a targeted task. E.g.: Tracking the count of visitors that made a purchase above $50.
- Audit - This feature provides you with the debugging ability to check if a defined event is triggered on your website properly.
Let’s understand this better through an example.
Alex, a Product Manager at an eCommerce business, wants to track all the cart additions and convert them into transactions. To do so, he would need to first target VWO campaigns to all such visitors and experiment with various scenarios such as coupon codes, additional offers, and so on if they attempt to abandon the cart.
He can achieve this by using VWO Data360. Data360 enables you to create and manage events and use them as a campaign targeting condition. It's that simple!
Returning to the problem scenario, Alex can create a custom event called "Abandon Cart" with attributes like "product ID," "cart value," "user ID," and so on. For each custom event, a custom code snippet is generated by VWO. This code should be applied to his website’s code repository for the event to be captured.
He can now utilize the Event to target the desired audience whenever he sets up the test campaign. Furthermore, he can create a Metric to track the number of conversions, which helps him in determining the success or failure of the test campaign. Once the campaign results are available, he can use the Attributes to be applied as post-segmentation conditions for filtering out a specific group of visitors.
Thus, Data360 brings to you the ability to analyze your data at a granular level, with maximum flexibility to customize your tracking and segmentation conditions befitting your requirements and also gather insights about the visitors.