Describes the things that you need to consider while setting up Heatmaps in VWO.
- By default, the Safari browser blocks third-party cookies. To load the heatmaps data correctly, go to Safari > Preferences > Privacy and disable the Prevent cross-site tracking option.
- You must first enable the VWO heatmaps to collect data for your website before you can view heatmap reports.
- For heatmaps created as part of a test, the maximum number of clicks that can be plotted on the heatmap report is 100k. However, there is no limit to the number of clicks plotted on standalone “Advanced” Heatmaps created.
- To view clicks on drop-down menus, hold the shift key, hover on elements like navbar and then release it. The hidden elements can be made to appear this way to see clicks on them.
- Use the Navigate option to access section of your websites that only appear after clicking on an element. This can be useful to reach pages behind logins.
- Heatmap in VWO collected the data only from the sampled visitors. To know more about sampling in VWO, refer to How VWO Sampling Works.