Describes the things that you need to consider while setting up Heatmaps in VWO.
- By default, the Safari browser blocks third-party cookies. To load the heatmaps data correctly, go to Safari > Preferences > Privacy and disable the Prevent cross-site tracking option
- You must first enable the VWO heatmaps to collect data for your website before you can view heatmap reports.
- VWO only tracks first three clicks of the sampled visitor
- For heatmaps created as part of a test, the maximum number of clicks that can be plotted on the heatmap report is 100k. However, there is no limit to the number of clicks plotted on standalone “Advanced” Heatmaps created
- To view clicks on drop-down menus, hold the shift key, hover on elements like navbar, and then release it. The hidden elements can be made to appear this way to see clicks on them
- Use the Navigate option to access section of your websites that only appear after clicking on an element. This can be useful to reach pages behind logins
- Heatmap for testing campaigns are tracked for all visitors who become part of the campaign
- Heatmap in VWO collected the data only from the sampled visitors. To know more about sampling in VWO, refer to How VWO Sampling Works
- For any page, the heatmap is generated for a maximum of 32767 pixels from the top. If the page is longer than this, the overlay will not extend beyond that point. If you wish to see the heatmap for the entire page, add a query param ‘?vwo_bo=1’ to the URL.