You can restrict users to log into your VWO account only from specified trusted locations or when they are on a certain IP address. Say you and all of your employees are based out of New York and want to allow anyone to access your VWO account if they are in the New York location and restrict users from other locations, you can use this capability that allows access to the right users from the right location.
With this capability, you can limit access to your VWO account based on the user's location, their IP address, or both. All you need to do is, specify the locations and/or IP addresses you wish to whitelist, and VWO will do the rest for you, i.e., it limits the access to your VWO account from whitelisted locations only; it's that simple. In general, this adds a strong security layer by ensuring only authorized users can access your account.
Location can be within a defined city, state, or country. And you can add IPv4 addresses each separated by a new line. You can use regular expression matching for IP addresses as well.
To access this option in the VWO account, Click the gear icon ⚙ on the top right, and go to ACCOUNTS > SECURITY section.
1. If there are countries in your whitelist, but you have not whitelisted any IP addresses, users must log in to your VWO account from one of the whitelisted countries and vice versa.
2. If both IP addresses and countries have been added to your whitelists, users can access your VWO account by ensuring their IP and their country matches the whitelist.
How to Allow Login From Specified IP Address and Location in VWO
To whitelist the IP addresses or locations from which users can log into your VWO account, perform this:
- Login to your VWO account.
- Click the gear icon ⚙ on the top right, and go to Accounts > Security.
- Scroll down to the Allow login from specified IP addresses and Locations section, and enter IP addresses and click Save or click +Add Location. On the click of +Add Location, the Select location(s) to allow login from dialog appears.
- In the Select location(s) to allow login from dialog, specify the following:
- Country: Select the country you wish to whitelist.
NOTE: Only one country can be chosen at once.
- Regions: Select one or multiple regions that you wish to whitelist.
NOTE: This is not a mandatory field. If no region is selected, the whole country is whitelisted.
- Cities: Select one or multiple cities that you wish to whitelist.
NOTE: This is not a mandatory field. If no city is selected, the whole region of the selected country is whitelisted.
Deleting an IP address or Location
To delete an already whitelisted IP address or location in VWO, perform this:
- Login to your VWO account.
- Click the gear icon ⚙ on the top right, and go to ACCOUNTS > SECURITY.
- Scroll down to the Allow login from specified IP addresses and Locations section, and remove the IP address from the input box and click save or click on the delete icon corresponding to the location you wish to delete.