The BlueConic customer data platform harnesses the data required to power individuals' recognition at each interaction and then synchronize their intent across the marketing ecosystem. Integrating VWO with BlueConic allows you to share BlueConic segmentation information with VWO.
Configuring the VWO connection requires settings both on the BlueConic side and the VWO side, as explained below.
Configuring the BlueConic connection
Configuration takes the following options:
Enter the cookie's name in which BlueConic will keep track of which segments the visitor belongs to. This allows you to have connections with different cookie names for different VWO experiments.
Select the BlueConic segments that you want to share with VWO. BlueConic will keep track of which segments in this list the visitor belongs to and update the value of a cookie named "bcVWOCookie" accordingly.
Enter the campaign id (without "#") that can be inspected in VWO in Campaigns > Settings > Summary at the bottom of the page:
To configure the VWO side of the connection, follow this:
- Login to your VWO account.
- Go to Campaign > Settings > Targets.
- Choose CUSTOM.
- From the dropdown, select COOKIE VALUE and enter the name of the cookie that BlueConic sets: bcVWOCookie
- From the second dropdown, select the filter CONTAINS and enter the name of the segment that you want to filter on.
NOTE: The cookie can contain multiple segment names, hence the use of CONTAINS.
- If you want to filter on multiple segments, use AND or OR.
- If you wish to delete a segment, click the delete icon corresponding to it.