VWO’s Mobile Recordings enable you to capture your visitors’ interactions within your mobile application as recordings that can be replayed as videos. This includes interactions such as scrolls, swipes, and single and double taps.
These recordings give you a more vivid picture of what your visitors are looking for in your application, which function they use the most, where they are stuck in the process of purchase, why they drop off midway, how long they spend time on your application, and many more insights.
- The Mobile Recordings feature works on sampling, where the visitors will be randomly sampled from the total traffic on your mobile application. To know more about sampling, refer to How Sampling Works in VWO?.
- The quota for this feature will be consumed based on the number of visitors sampled per month, irrespective of the number of times they return within the month. To know more about quota consumption, refer to Visitor Counting Logic in VWO.
- The data retention period for your account is one within which the data gathered for your account will be retained in the VWO servers. This is subjective to the VWO plan that you have taken up. All the mobile session recordings will be retained subject to the data retention norms specified for your VWO account plan.
With Mobile Recordings, you can typically do the following:
- Record visitor sessions on your mobile application for the configured version.
- Use time frames and segmentation criteria to filter the recordings for analyzing the characteristic behaviors of different cohorts.
- View the recorded sessions of the visitors in VWO’s recording player, where you can avail control options such as changing the playback speed, skipping pauses within a session, and jumping to a specific point on the playback using the seek bar to go through the recordings at your required pace.
- Save recordings (limit subject to VWO plan) to your VWO account and retain them beyond the retention period.