Many customers use VWO to manage multiple domains and prefer to keep each website under a different sub-account. By default, the visitor quota is allocated to the main account, which also gets consumed by the sub-accounts. However, you can portion the visitor volume from the main account and allocate them to the sub-accounts, as required.
Let us consider that you are running an Insights campaign, where you want to analyze the behavior of the visitors, in the journey towards purchasing a product or signing up for your website. By default, the system allows the visitors to be consumed by all the accounts (main and sub-accounts) on the basis of first-come-first-served. This might cause irregular distribution of visitor quota, which in turn would result in insufficient or exhausted quota for those accounts that require them.
To tackle the situation, you can configure the allocation of visitor quota across all accounts, based on their respective needs.
On the ACCOUNTS > VISITOR ALLOCATION page, you can allocate visitors for every sub-account according to the traffic volume and requirements. The account administrator for the main account can create sub-accounts and define visitor traffic allocation for each sub-account.
The page displays visitors allocated to the main account and the allocated usage for sub-accounts (if any) for all VWO products (except VWO Engage). It is categorized into three main sections:
- Allocated Usage: displays the allocated visitor count and actual usage for each sub-account defined for the account. If no sub-accounts are defined, there is no allocation and all accounts remain in the unallocated pool.
- Unallocated usage: displays the total visitor traffic that is remaining under the main account which has not been allocated for any subaccounts. If you have not allocated visitors to any account, all the accounts will be listed under unallocated usage.
- Disabled accounts: displays the accounts that have been disabled. The number of visitors consumed by the account prior to their disabling is displayed for each account.
1. Use the Visitor Allocation option only when it is necessary for your account.
2. Do not change the allocation for the VWO Insights quota multiple times, as it may skew your reports.
- Log in to your VWO account.
- Click the gear icon ⚙ on the top right, and go to ACCOUNTS > VISITOR ALLOCATION.
- To allocate visitors for sub-accounts or update existing allocation, click Edit Allocation.
- Click Allocate Visitors for each sub-account you wish to allocate visitors to.
- Use the slider, or enter the traffic percentage or count that you want to allocate for the specific sub-account. For example, if your account has a total of 1,000 visitors, a 20% allocation to a sub-account would mean that 200 visitors are allocated to the subaccount.
- To remove allocation from a sub-account, click Remove Allocation. If the removed sub-account has already consumed any visitor traffic, the corresponding allocation and usage are displayed.
- To make the changes, click Save.